3. Norwegian Epic
This was my second cruise with NCL, after having one of the best Vacations of my life with them last year. That was Alaska (on the Pearl), due to some really great deals, I was excited to get the chance to take a trip in Europe. I traveled with my wife and my father (who's in a wheel chair). Overall this was a great vacation - it was so close to being Amazing, but there were just a few things that kept it from being that way. 1) The Epic is simply not a wheelchair friendly as the Pearl was. There are lots of really big seams on the floor that I could not get my father across going forward. Eventually I got to know these, but it was hard telling them apart at first, eventually the trip across deck 6 became a dance of going forward, spinning across the seems and then heading forward again 2) Rooms seemed smaller and less comfortable than the Pearl. I don't know if the room itself was smaller, but it had this sort of "wavy" shape to it that made whatever space we did have harder to make use of. Storing the wheelchair was especially difficult since, with the exception of the toilet, there really wasn't any good place we could put it that didn't block access to the toilet. The good things: 1) The staff was great. Every time we had to get on and off the cruise they went completely out of their way to make sure my dad was able to get to our excursion. There was never any waiting to find someone with a moment - they always had someone ready to help. 2) The Ship itself was great. Even though the rooms were cramped, the public areas were beautiful. I didn't do any swimming, but with the exception of the Sea day (which was packed), it was very possible to find some place to just get a little sun. 3) Food was great - It's not always the greatest gourmet experience, but even the main dining rooms had some great options. 4) Ports were amazing - The greatest parts were the ports. The trip in Rome is going to be something that I keep with me for the rest of my life.

Great Time, Okay Ship