Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by ELeb
- Sail Date: June 2012
- Destination: Western Mediterranean
- Cabin Type: Family Balcony
1) The Epic is simply not a wheelchair friendly as the Pearl was. There are lots of really big seams on the floor that I could not get my father across going forward. Eventually I got to know these, but it was hard telling them apart at first, eventually the trip across deck 6 became a dance of going forward, spinning across the seems and then heading forward again
2) Rooms seemed smaller and less comfortable than the Pearl. I don't know if the room itself was smaller, but it had this sort of "wavy" shape to it that made whatever space we did have harder to make use of. Storing the wheelchair was especially difficult since, with the exception of the toilet, there really wasn't any good place we could put it that didn't block access to the toilet.
The good things:
1) The staff was great. Every time we had to get on and off the cruise they went completely out of their way to make sure my dad was able to get to our excursion. There was never any waiting to find someone with a moment - they always had someone ready to help.
2) The Ship itself was great. Even though the rooms were cramped, the public areas were beautiful. I didn't do any swimming, but with the exception of the Sea day (which was packed), it was very possible to find some place to just get a little sun.
3) Food was great - It's not always the greatest gourmet experience, but even the main dining rooms had some great options.
4) Ports were amazing - The greatest parts were the ports. The trip in Rome is going to be something that I keep with me for the rest of my life.
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
CannesWe sat at cafe, drank wine and looked at the sea. I really don't need to say more than that :)View All 408 Cannes Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Cannes Cruise Port Review
Wine TourWas good. Winery was quaint, best part was looking at the vineyard, and tasting the olive oil.View All 39 Wine Tour Reviews
City TourOne of the best trips of my life. Our guides (especially the escort), were super friendly, made sure that we were okay (even though with our wheel chair it was a little tough). Skipped the forum, but I'm going to remember sitting in the sun, eating gelato in the shadow of the Colosseum forever :)View All 275 City Tour Reviews