3. Carnival Breeze
Carnival Cruises "fits" me. I love their food, their layout, their entertainment options, and was not disappointed. The new ship offered some great new choices, though I did see some planning that could have been better. With temperatures in the 90's, and 4200 passengers on board, the ship needed more than 2 swimming pools. While there was a therapeutic pool in the spa, it was an extra cost, and indoors - at least, they could have added one adults only pool. They did have more whirlpool hot tubs which I really enjoy. As usual we had an inside cabin, and we have learned to select the best location, 7th level, midship, so no noise issues, and fairly close to everything. The cabin was magically cleaned and sufficient for our needs, and television had enough ship and other channels for the time we spent there. I appreciated that we could get ship wifi, but I still resist overpriced slow internet, so only checked emails in free port wifi. The abundance of computer terminals if you did pay for the service was certainly an improvement. The food was excellent. The layout, however, left something to be desired. Omelette station is always busy, but it seemed foolish to place cold cuts, cheese, and pastries along the omelette line, with people having to cut in and out even if they didn't want an omelette. Lineups for pizza were long and no more calzones or sandwich bar. The hamburger stand and Mexican place were great. With the warm weather, I realize the ship wants to flog drinks, but I consume a lot of iced tea and lemonade. It would be good to have a station in Serenity and 5th floor promenade, rather than only Lido Marketplace. And really, who thought of putting the basketball court on top of the otherwise excellent Captain's Cuisina?

New Carnival Breeze

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by missminx7

missminx7’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Breeze price drops

Interior
Cabin 4F
We selected based on previous inside cabins, and were very pleased with location as far as size, stability of ship, and convenience to reach all parts of the ship.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Walking the Walls
    Excellent - they couldn't have done anything about the 44' temperature. The only minor problem was with the whisper radios they used. The range was insufficient, and all of them would cut in and out seeminly close enough if we got behind a wall.
    View All 48 Walking the Walls Reviews
  • Cassis Walking Tour
    Excellent - they added a stop overlooking the town which was really beautiful, and we loved the fishing village.
    View All 33 Cassis Walking Tour Reviews
  • Herculaneum
    Excellent. Though very hot, our guide kept us in as much shade as possible and explained the ancient lifestyle and ongoing explorations.
    View All 76 Herculaneum Reviews
  • Pompeii Walking Tour
    Unfortunately, we missed out on some of the same in the morning in Pompei, because we were not happy with our guide. It was also hot, and crowded, but we had trouble getting our bus, and could not keep up her pace, so missed descriptions on the whisper radios. Several people dropped out because they felt they could do better on their own. For the price, we should have a guide willing to consider our questions, and if she can't do the tour in the allotted time, the tour should be longer.
    View All 452 Pompeii Walking Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    The town was interesting, and we did some shopping, but the train, while having a few lovely views, was quite overgrown with vegetation along the tracks, so most was seen from behind trees and shrubs. We saw the inside of a few too many tunnels.
    View All 64 City Tour Reviews
  • Venice
    Unfortunately, we planned to use public transit all day, and a general strike was called, so no boats. Our cruise line managed to secure private boats to get us to town, so we were able to walk through the main tourist areas on our own (we had been here previously). It was a very hot day, and we are seniors. We found it very difficult to find a spot we could sit and sip a drink or eat an ice cream. Only a few benches that weren't property of expensive restaurants, and we were shooed off if we tried to sit on stairway.

I must comment that we were very impressed by the Captain of our ship. He was out loading the Carnival rented shuttles personally almost all day in the heat.
    View All 1,422 Venice Cruise Port Reviews