3. Celebrity Summit
Bottom line up front-This was our first cruise and we had a wonderful time. All of the "annoyances" were just that, minor. Port-Bayonne was easy. Got there about 11:30. Pulled into a bay, unloaded luggage about 5 feet, off it went, we checked in and within about 20 min were on board. Had lunch at "Bistro on 5" ($5.00 upcharge) but worth it. crepes were wonderful. Zero wait. Cabin-Wonderful. Balcony on 9th deck, Starboard side. A/C worked well, bed was very comfortable (a little on the firm side which we like), Flat screen TV. Only tiny issue was the curtain smelled a bit "moldy". cracking the bathroom door 1" fixed that (seems the condensation keeps the curtain damp). Afternoon "canapes" were simple but well done. basically some type of spread on small toast rounds. Fruit was great, champagne was in a full ice bucket. Cabin attendants were wonderful. Ship-looks brand new. New carpet everywhere (supposedly some new glueless technology). We ate at MDR most nights. one night we went to Qusine (sp?) and one at Normandie. Qusine was amazing. Basically a tasting menu that you select the country (very easy to ate way way too much) 11th deck, great views. Normandie was a classic french inspired place. amazing food, impeccable service. worth it for a special occasion. MDR as wonderful, great selections, very fresh. Ocean View cafe was great for Breakfast/Lunch. Pool bar burgers rocked! Theater shows were fun. A bit "cruisy" for us jaded NYers but that's our issue, not a general one. Good music all over (Latin guitar, pop guitar). Staff treated us like "celebrities" :). Amazing service, everywhere.Bermuda-a great place for 3 days. Buy the bus/ferry pass ($28/each). We saw crystal caves (a short bus ride from Hamilton), beaches, snorkel/glass bottom, tea in Hamilton. no excursions so I can't comment on them. Crew-very approachable. Master (Theo Zakkas) very funny, smart, interacted well. Cruise Director (Alejandro) Hilarious, seemed to be everywhere all the time...everyone was great. I saw the Chief of Housekeeping squeegeeing the deck himself one day...dedicated. Overall-Since I can't compare it to other cruises, all I can say is I would cruise with Celebrity anytime. 7 nights was perfect for us. Thanks to all Cruise Critics who helped me with info! great group

Summit June 24th, 7 night Bermuda

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by MojoNYC

• Sail Date: June 2012
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class 2

Thanks to all Cruise Critics who helped me with info! great group
MojoNYC’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Concierge Class 2
Cabin C2 9146
Great balcony (overhang from "oceanview" added nice shade/wind protection). Connecting door allowed us to hear a bit of our neighbors, but not too bad. very close to aft elevators/stairs. One flight up for buffet. Spotless.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins