3. Carnival Imagination
This was my second sailing on the IMAGINATION. The ship was originally scheduled to set sail for Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios but instead was diverted to Cozumel in order for repairs to be made. Although we didn't get to go where we wanted, my husband and I still enjoyed our cruise. Cruise Director Jeff Bronson was wonderful...very friendly and energetic! He had a way of getting guests involved in the various on board events, including my favorite - "The Welcome Aboard Show"! The cabin stewardess, Elena from Romania, always stopped to say hi whenever she saw us. In the Pride Dining Room, the maitre d' was especially nice - he didn't mind changing my dining time to accommodate my husband's medical needs. We also had 2 fantastic waiters, I Gusti from Indonesia (breakfast and lunch) and Ricardo from Nicaragua for dinner. Our table mates were a family of 3 from Connecticut - a single mom and 2 teenage daughters. The menus were varied and had a great choice of selections, even low calorie and low carb items! Everyone we encountered on board, both crew and fellow guests, seemed to be very nice. Captain Giacalone has a fine staff working with him. The only problems I experienced were with the Purser's Desk's resolution of my billing statement inquiry and with some crew members' poor familiarity with the English language. My favorite places on board the ship were the topless, adults only Funnel Deck and the indoor hot tubs at the Spa for a quiet, relaxing "couples' time" atmosphere. I also enjoyed the Sushi Bar and Vittorio's coffee shop, home of the "Fat Chocolate Cake" or a dieter's worse nightmare!

Carnival Imagination - Southern Caribbean