3. Carnival Breeze
We started out out cruise with a 2 night stay at the La Ramblas Citadines Hotel. We arrived at about 8 AM on Wednesday and they stored our luggage and let us check in at about 11. It was more than adequate, it was clean, friendly, and the location was superb. It was just a few moments walk to the Touristic Bus and Metro. Our room overlooked La Ramblas. One downside was internet in the rooms was Ethernet, only wireless is in the restaurant / lobby area. I wish we had allowed ourselves one more day in Barcelona as it is an amazing city with much to see and do. The on and off Bus Touristic was the best deal going 2 day pass for about $39 a person cannot be beat.It takes 2 routes, goes every where you want to go and see all landmarks and attractions! Purchase online before you go! On Friday I was on the IPAD in the lobby at about 9:30 AM and on John Heald's Facebook page he said they were going to be ready to embark at 10:30. We were already packed so we got our stuff and hailed a cab. Once at the ship it was an easy procedure and we were on the by a few minutes after 11:00 We went directly to the room to drop off our carry on bags and proceeded to the Market Place buffet to eat. The food was pretty much your Carnival buffet offering. We only eat at the buffet the day we come on the ship, however we did notice they had some interesting offerings that we never got around to trying. (Wok, Indian food, ETC) We then set out to explore the ship and found it to be a very close sister to the Dream, but much better. We liked the soft colors, and bright cheery look every where, being only the second cruise out, the ship was just gleaming! This is the Gem of the fleet right now! We ran across the Thrill Theater and purchased unlimited tickets for $14 a person. There are 5 different films, we saw 4 on the cruise and got our monies worth. The Roller coaster was worth the price of admission. A 3 minute roller coaster ride can be a thrill, 15 minutes can blow you away! Cabin: We had a Cove Balcony, which I highly recommend. It is on the 2 floor and right next to the water, they are exhilarating. It is your normal 182 Sq Ft. cabin and well being new is always nice! Again great colors. Food: The food to us was good to very good in the Blush dining room and we were well please with the quality and selections. We were glad to see they added Shrimp Cocktail back on as a daily item though the shrimp go shrimpier! Our wait staff seemed to be a team that was all about business and not about relationship. Always in a hurry to please, but without any interaction. I saw other tables getting what we were more accustom to. Fen the Matre'D is a fantastic singer and performer. We were sat at table for 2 and asked to be move and he made no attempt to move us. Fat Gimmy's BBQ: Available on Sea Days, great food, very popular, you can encounter long lines and wait at times. Not to be missed if you like BBQ. Guys Burgers; I'm so sad we only ate there one time. They are awesome, probably a heart attack on a bun, but that is what makes them taste so good. With such long port days we only had 3 opportunities to eat lunch on the ship. Cucina del Capitano: (lunch for free)Good food if you can stand the torture. The Basket ball courts are right above this venue, and not well thought out. It sounded like a herd of horses stomping around above us the whole time we ate and was nerve racking. They said that they close the courts at night where you pay a $12 up-charge. People that went tell us that is not true, and they were tortured as well. BlueIguana Cantina: We had good Taco's and great breakfast Burritos there. Entertainment: I think because if the rigorous itinerary on this cruise, they really plan for people not to attend and really cut back on the entertainment. There were only 4 different shows and they repeated through the week. There was no longer a live band for the show but an electronic production that the singers and dancer sang to. But for the most part very well done and different. There was only comedy in the Punchliner Comedy Club on 6 of the 12 nights and we missed having a daily offering there. The Hasbro Game show was very entertaining and I think there were 4 different shows on the cruise. It was a fun time. There was a Violinist one night in the ovation theater but we did not attend as it is not our thing, also one night they had a Magician who performed very little magic and told mostly corny jokes. Overall I was not real impressed with the entertainment or the scheduling of it on this cruise. Ports: Marseille beautiful from a distance, very seedy up close and personal, it was either a culture difference or they are just rude people! Livorno: Florence and Pisa were fantastic Rome: amazing but very crowded, probably always is but worth it Salerno: Sorrento, Pompeii, and Isle of Capri Just beautiful and Pompeii is a must see if you appreciate ruins. Dubrovnik: Again Beautiful Venice: Amazing, romantic place to visit Messina Sicily: We went to Taormina and again just amazing beauty Mallorca: Went to Valldemossa, Sollar, and took the Train ride. The train ride I thought disappointing as the route is mostly overgrown and you mostly see tunnels, rocks and trees Casino: We lost as usual but got in a lot of playing time for our money, and that is entertainment. At least it did not gobble you money it digested it slowly! Disembark: easiest we have ever had! It seemed too easy! Overall the things that displeased me did not keep it from being one of the best cruises that we have ever taken. Carnival continues in my view to put out the most bang for your cruising dollar. The good things on this cruise far exceed the few things I am critical of. The Cruise Director and whole entertainment staff were awesome. John Heald is second to none, and there is good reason for him to be senior cruise director. George, Ryan, Joshua, Amy, 6-3, Alex were all great. Butch and all the comedian in the Punchliner were very funny. I highly recommend this cruise! The beautiful Carnival Breeze!

Heavenly Breeze!

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by bobcat70

BlueIguana Cantina: We had good Taco's and great breakfast Burritos there.

Livorno: Florence and Pisa were fantastic
Rome: amazing but very crowded, probably always is but worth it
Dubrovnik: Again Beautiful
Venice: Amazing, romantic place to visit
Messina Sicily: We went to Taormina and again just amazing beauty

Disembark: easiest we have ever had! It seemed too easy!

Butch and all the comedian in the Punchliner were very funny.

I highly recommend this cruise! The beautiful Carnival Breeze!
bobcat70’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Breeze price drops

Cove Balcony
Cabin 7C 2302
I wish every ship had Cove Balconies. They are the bast balcony value you can get, slightly higher than an ocean view, spacious as a regular room balcony, yet 10 times more exhilarating. Being right above the water line is awesome. Obstruction is minimal.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins