3. Sapphire Princess
As a stone cold cruising rookie, I really did not know what to expect from this adventure so my expectations were pretty low. So, here are my "likes" and "dis-likes" about this cruise: Likes: Weather was perfect Slept like a baby in my tiny stateroom Scenery and ports on the cruise were outstanding Wildlife viewing was outstanding Most (but not all) tour guides were very good and seemed to enjoy their jobs Excellent service from a few (but by no means all) of the ship staff In general, the games and onboard programs were good. Some were quite fun. Dis-Likes: Food was only "OK". REALLY got tired of the upsell on everything from soft drink cards to health remedies. Was not aware that this was part of the cruise environment. And what is the deal with the jewelry sales onboard and in ALL ports of call? Don't get it. Service from the majority of the ships staff was marginal. The good ones stood out. Spa services were over-priced compared to what you would pay anywhere else. Drinks were over-priced and all carried that automatic 15% gratuity That being said, the cruise overall was enjoyable. Saw lots of neat things that I had never seen before and will probably never see again. And did I mention the great weather?

Cruisin'

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by Mr. Snarky

• Sail Date: June 2012
  • Destination: Alaska

Likes:

Weather was perfect

Slept like a baby in my tiny stateroom

Scenery and ports on the cruise were outstanding

Wildlife viewing was outstanding

Most (but not all) tour guides were very good and seemed to enjoy their jobs

Excellent service from a few (but by no means all) of the ship staff

In general, the games and onboard programs were good. Some were quite fun.

Dis-Likes:

Food was only "OK".

Spa services were over-priced compared to what you would pay anywhere else.

Drinks were over-priced and all carried that automatic 15% gratuity