3. Adventure of the Seas
Was really looking forward to travelling with Royal Carribean however I don't think I would use them again for various reasons: - Found initial reception onto the ship impersonal. - First day was wasted as you couldnt access your room until 2pm and there was a fire drill which was complusory for all new guests at 4pm. Afternoon was totally wasted. - Windjammer restaurant food varied on quality depending on time and day. Decor was also very poor as was service. - The ship lacked being informative and clear on services that were free and services that were payable. - Charged for shuttle buses to and from large ports. Valenica was charging $15 per person however none of the shops are open on Sundays (wasted port of call) - Excursions were extremely expensive: Pisa at its cheapest was $89 however we got to the tower and back for 15 euro on public transport *highly recommend* - The boat itself lacked in entertainment, Ice show was the only exception. - We had pre paid our gratuities up front as our travel agent advised this however onboard we still had to pay a service charge on all bar drinks, excursions and any other payments outside your food. - The drinks are very over priced and measures were very strong making drinks undrinkable at times. Less measures and lower prices would have been better. - Gym is small and has no air con - I noticed the boat could be very rocky at night, something I've never noticed on Thomson Cruises. Pros: - Our room was extremely clean and room attendants couldn't have been nicer. - Main restaurant is beautiful and food was exceptional as were staff. - Ice show is must see! - Cigarettes are cheap onboard ship. - Getting on and off at ports was hassle free. Recommendations: - Research your ports as making your own way is definitely cheaper. - Go for My Time Dining - 8.30 is a good time - Don't bring beach towels as they are provided by the poolside each day for you. - Tea Coffee Water and Homemade lemonade is free from Windjammer - Days at Sea would advised you to get a sun lounger earlier and not to leave it as people were without loungers on several days - Cookies must be tried and soft ice cream is free I liked my holiday and it was very relaxing but I prefer smaller ships as I felt like a number not a customer. If you have booked to go already, DO NOT WORRY you will enjoy it. If you are thinking of going I would recommend Island Cruises.

Not to be repeated

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by MissMatilda

• Sail Date: June 2012
  • Destination: Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

- Found initial reception onto the ship impersonal.
- The boat itself lacked in entertainment, Ice show was the only exception.
- Gym is small and has no air con

Pros:

- Our room was extremely clean and room attendants couldn't have been nicer.
- Main restaurant is beautiful and food was exceptional as were staff.
- Ice show is must see!
- Cigarettes are cheap onboard ship.
- Getting on and off at ports was hassle free.

Recommendations:

- Research your ports as making your own way is definitely cheaper.
- Go for My Time Dining - 8.30 is a good time
- Tea Coffee Water and Homemade lemonade is free from Windjammer
- Cookies must be tried and soft ice cream is free

If you have booked to go already, DO NOT WORRY you will enjoy it.

If you are thinking of going I would recommend Island Cruises.

MissMatilda’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D3
spacious, clean, bathroon fair size for a cabin, good size balcony, quiet and bed very comfy.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins