3. Celebrity Solstice
My husband, my 25 year old son and myself thoroughly enjoyed our time on the Celebrity Solstice. Upon check-in we were upgraded to a Royal Suite which was like a nice one bedroom apartment. The Master bedroom and bathroom were spacious and extremely comfortable and always clean. The suite included a full master bath with two sinks, a hot tub and a large separate shower. There was a second half bath near the kitchen and dining area. The large living room included a sofa bed and a shorter sofa with tables and a 52 inch t.v. The master bedroom had a 42 inch t.v. (unfortunately the Apple interface didn't work...couldn't access the Navigation and the Internet was extremely slow. This may be to being at sea...we didn't really watch t.v as there was so much to do on the ship and on the excursions. But faster Internet is needed as it was our only way to communicate with our friends and family in the U.S.) Our suite came with a large balcony which included another hot tub, chaise lounge, two chairs and a table. It was wonderful...some days we didn't want to leave our suite. Please see the photos on the celebrity website for details...very accurate photos. The Royal suite entitles you to Butler service and Jonathan our butler was excellent; always helpful and attentive but careful not to disturb us. Theresa our housekeeper was equally competent and seemed genuinely happy to serve us. All of the facilities on board were clean, sanitized and shined. The food was excellent as were the servers in the Grand Dining Room; Dragon and Annya were the best. I liked being waited on without feeling awkward and they knew how to make us comfortable. We also ate at the Tuscan and the Murano; two of their specialty restaurants. The lobster flam beau, cooked at your table was the best lobster that I've ever had...my son and husband loved their petite filet mignon. There was always plenty of food, actually I think the entrees could be half the size, but I doubt if many would agree with me as people like their meals. The chef did visit our table and asked for suggestions and explained to us that the menu is International cuisine...yes, but with a definite French influence...no complaints there. The chocolate souffle and the goat cheese souffle were superb.(Not significant, but some passengers wondered where the popcorn was...I wanted a grilled cheese sand which and chicken noodle soup and never saw either one. Maybe you can order them but I didn't try.)I've cruised before and by far Celebrity does it best. Their service is unbeatable for a cruise ship...the staff doesn't seem tired or annoyed with all the passengers as I've experienced on other cruise ships. They are all friendly and respectful...just amazing in terms of their training and attitude. My son commented that he wished we had that kind of service in our home town. The cleanliness is also impressive given that there are almost 3,000 passengers on board; much cleaner than any hotel I've ever frequented. I truly wish I was still on board...I miss my Royal Suite and meals. Now back to reality. P.S. The ship excursions were very informative and worth the money. All of the tour guides were knowledgeable and kind. Thank you Celebrity for the best trip my family has ever experienced.

Wish I was still on the Solstice...

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by MsAvalon

MsAvalon’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Royal Suite
Cabin RS 1612
1612 was great, great location, near the library and the elevators but separated by a sound wall. No complaints whatsoever...loved it. Highly recommend it...the master bath was bigger than my bathroom at home. The marble and tiles were beautifully laid and decorated in nice neutrals. Very quiet room, master bedroom had large window which was nice as you didn't have to leave the room to look out the living room windows and sliders to see the ocean and the ports.
Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Acropolis
    Fantastic to see the Acropolis...wished we'd had more time to explore the surrounding area where Socrates and Plato taught.

On all of the tours they give you ear buds to listen to the tour guides, but if you have small ear canals, you ears will hurt for hours. Some of them are very stat-icky.
    View All 268 Acropolis Reviews
  • Cape Sounion
    A wonderful ride out on our bus, but hot ...don't know if the AC wasn't working or what.

Sad to see what economic shape Greece is in, million euro homes abandoned along the sea.
    View All 17 Cape Sounion Reviews
  • Temple of Poseidon
    The Temple didn't disappoint. Fantastic views from the cape...tour guide was good but sometimes could hear or understand her.
    View All 32 Temple of Poseidon Reviews
  • Barcelona
    We were robbed by the hotel, not affiliated with Celebrity. "Lost" one of our bags in their possession. It included a lap top, camera, etc, well worth over $1,000.00. It was a highly rated hotel on Trip Advisor but they "lost" our bag while it was locked in one of their rooms until our room was ready. The staff denied that the bag existed, said we lost it and were basically calling us liars, wouldn't call the police, wouldn't let us talk with management, etc. Just a nightmare.

Saw and loved La Familia Basilica in Barcelona.
    View All 1,869 Barcelona Cruise Port Reviews