Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by PawsOnTheGo
- Sail Date: June 2012
- Destination: Western Caribbean
Just a few tips that we learn while enjoying ourself on this great ship:
1. Kids do need their tennis shoes for the kids activities like dodgeball, volleyball & Basketball. Encourage you kids to do the Circle C (12- 14 yrs) & Club O2 (15 - 17 yrs old). My 16 year old never missed an activity and loved the Cruise the most!
2. More than one Elegant Cruise attire night. People had very dressy clothes like girls with prom dresses on. So if you have that bridesmaid dress you haven't worn in forever take it on your cruise.
3. Don't pass up any photo stops then you have more Pictures to choose from at the end of the cruise. We had done one as soon as we got off at one port and another was around the corner so we just walked by.....didn't realize the background was the entire ship one of the best backdrops and we missed it.
4. Bring a light sweater or jacket...air conditioning was freezing in dining room at night or out on windy deck for those evening Drive in Movies.
5. Do the excursions from the Ship! People had mention it was more expensive but if your excursion is running late and you aren't with your cruise boat excursion you may be left behind. Both of ours ran late and we barely made it back to the ship. BEST time with the Safari Tubing in Ocho Rios, Jamaica!
6. LOVE LOVE LOVE the balcony room for the sunsets at night & private place to watch when leaving a port or docking early morning.
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
SnorkelingGreat experience with great leaders watching our group and guiding us to see what was down below the water. Made sure we saw it all!View All 240 Snorkeling Reviews
City Trolley / Conch Train TourWent up to the desk as we walked off the ship asking for the Conch Train Tour but was sold the Trolley Tour...not what we asked for didn't notice until we walked up to the Conch Train & they pointed us to the Trolley Tour but too late to walk back & change it out once we walked over to where the Train & Trolley started. Ended up riding way to far around the island from The Main Duvale street with 2 hotel stops so jumped off as soon as we hit the Southeastern most point to walk back to Duvale Street. Not happy about it wasted $29 each!View All 148 City Trolley / Conch Train Tour Reviews