3. Star Princess
We had booked transfers and that went well. Embarkation was slow, long, long lines. My 5th Alaska and first with Princess in this region, took my Grandson and his two children 13 and 10.He and the younger one were first timers and hoped to encourage them to do it again. Don't think so. Even my 13 year old, who had cruised with me on Radiance of the Seas, could see the difference.Cabin was ok, cabin steward, altho tipped well on embarking, was all but invisible, requests for fruit ignored till last two days. No problems with cabin itself, kept in order, but used to seeing more presence. There were many small disappointments. Singles bar night-had 4 lonely people, my grandson hoped for someone his own age group-40-ish? Entertainment was all but non-existant, two lame "production" shows and the same comic/magician who appeared 4 times-that's it! Except for one interesting lecture/slide presentation by a 1986 Iditerod winner. Scheduled one new movie-then it was cancelled. Could not dock at Victoria due to wind-not the Captain's fault there,just unfortunate. every port, we were last cruise ship in, so had to deal with far away docks and shuttles-5 ships in a day in Juneau is way too many! Three times before and during, I had to give them my credit card number. Booked valet service for luggage, one suitcase lost, turned up next day finally. Had early disembark, they scheduled my grandson and I, but had the kids scheduled for 2pm-sure -like that would work. One wine steward for the whole ship-whom we never saw-just little things but they add up. On the plus side, the 10 year old liked the kids club, the food was generally good, tho not up to Celebrity or RCCL. The cabin was fine, tho the overhead bunks were necessary but a great hazard to my poor head! I have cruised on two other Princess ships without complaint by myself, but would I book Princess again--no thanks. Although lines were long, thanks to many wrong luggage tags, the 7 stations at Passenger Service were never staffed with more than 3 people. I feel they have cut staff in many areas till they are just overwhelmed.

So disappointed!

Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15

Balcony
Cabin BA B431
well laid-out, good dressing and clothes space, good balcony, location by central elevator was convenient and not too noisy.
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins