3. Pride of America
Stayed at Aulani the new Disney Resort in Ko'Olina on Oahu dor a week prior to the cruise....the time zone change from the east coast to Hawaii was a killer!! Embarkation was super easy....we have been on NCL before and were latitudes members so we got to get out of the line with 500 people in front of us and had no wait to check in. We boarded at around 2 no were told that our room was ready so we dropped off our bags and headed to the Buffet for some food. Great selection...something for everyone....noticed that they had a few options for gluten free peeps as well!! Our room was the same as usual....however we had one of the Aft facing large balconies which to my surprise was about the same size as our room!!!!! The only negative thing I can even say about the room is that is was directly below the Lanai...which just meant a lot of chair and table shuffling...but I was so exhausted I never heard anything after I fell asleep. I signed up for the meet and greet which was small but nice. The staff were great!! Very accommodating. The room steward was amazing....always making sure we didnt need anything. We were invited to have dinner with an officer and ended up with the Captain. He was very nice and easy to converse with. We also received complimentary Chocolate covered strawberries one evening. We attended the latitudes gathering which included free alcoholic beverages and snacks and prizes. We also were invited to a sail away party on the bow of the ship which was very nice, also free champagne and mimosas. A lot of the officers were there as well, everyone was very personable and remembered meeting us prior....not sure how they do that since I'm sure they meet so many people!! We ate at the non-pay restaurants each night....wanted to try Lazy J's but waited too long for a reservation!! The Cadillac Diner had the best brownie sundae EVER!!! I had 5!!! They were a good place for pubby snacks and dessert!! When you are docked you can eat outside there....nice change from the buffet....much quieter outside!! The food at each restaurant was fine....no complaints here...I'm not a foodie....but everything tasted good and was as I ordered it. Lobster night was the first night...being from New England....rock lobster is just not the same as Maine Lobster!! We took surfing lessons in Maui....which was by far the highlight of my vacation!!! We also did the Road to Hana and stopped at the Garden of Eden on the way...which is also beautiful!! We did Volcano National Park, Rainbow Falls, Orchid Farm, Mauna Loa Nut Factory all through Roberts of Hawaii...great tour guide(Hilo) We went to turtle Bay in Kona....take the 5 dollar shuttle bus....much cheaper than a taxi. Stopped at the shops andgot some "Donkey Balls". Yummy!!!!! We did a kayak/hike on the Wailae River to the Secret Falls in Kauai .... Great guide....we also just went to the beach the 2nd day...just walked over to the beach near the Marriott. They have paddle boards and surfboards canoes etc for rent there. One thing I totally will recommend is Boots and Kimo.....it's on Oahu...it's a but if a drive from the cruise terminal....in the direction if the North Shore....but the BEST pancakes I have EVER had in my life!!!!!!! The cruise was great....the staff was amazing....definitely recommend this crude for an easy way to check out the Hawaiian Islands!!!! I will definitely be back!!!!!

Great time!!!

Sandyam76’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Aft-Facing Large Balcony
Cabin B1 10182
Great Balcony, noisy from the buffet Lanaie directly above the room.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins