3. Splendour of the Seas
This being my 4th RCCL cruise I was very disappointed. Having been told that the Splendor the Seas was being renovated and balconies added I was shocked to see my cabin the size of a closet. The new balconies were on deck 6. With the new balconies the cabin size was reduced to a smaller size. There were three draws and a cubbie hole. The beds were the size of a junior bed that a child coming from a crib would be put into. They took out the double couch and there was no mini bar. The bathroom had a shower curtain instead of the sliding door. The water from the shower sprayed all over the floor. The Food was mediorce. Repeated selections and poor choices. Lobster was extra for $28.95. On the other ships it was a free choice on the captains nights. The theatre entertainment was lovely, however the centrum group sang and played older boring music for couples to dance. Only one night was fabulous and that was motown all the way. The crew at Guest Relations were fabulous. Could not do enough for us. The dining staff also terrific. The ship was smaller than I am used to. It holds 1900 passengers and a crew of 750. There was no center promenade and very few shops. To sum up this critque I would not recommend this ship.

Disappointment of The Splendor of the Seas

Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by babertie

• Sail Date: June 2012
  • Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
With the new balconies the cabin size was reduced to a smaller size.
The crew at Guest Relations were fabulous. Could not do enough for us.
The dining staff also terrific.
To sum up this critque I would not recommend this ship.
babertie’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Royal Caribbean Splendour of the Seas price drops

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D2 6084
Tiny room, very small balcony,limited draw space, very narrow beds,
shower curtain needs to go.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Acropolis
    Spectacular. Guide gave us a review of the Acropolis and guided us almost the entire way. She also was very explicit on the meeting places.
    View All 344 Acropolis Reviews
  • Old Olympic Stadium
    Nice to see. Took some fotographs
    View All 40 Old Olympic Stadium Reviews
  • Dassia Beach
    Beautiful Chandris Hotel beach. Provided lounge chairs and umbrella and one
    drink. Not worth $50.00
    View All 7 Dassia Beach Reviews
  • Cavtat Walking Tour
    Lovely town. Enough time to walk around.
    Guide was very good at explaining what we were about to see.
    Tour included Wine and a sandwich which was a added touch.
    View All 29 Cavtat Walking Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    Dubrovnik is beautiful. Again guide spend 1/2 hour explaining the city inside the walls. We had 45 minites to walk around by ourseleves. He was very clear on where we should go and also the meeting place at the end.
    View All 114 City Tour Reviews