3. Carnival Dream
My family (me: 37 female, my mother: 57 female, children: 16 male, 9 male, 7 female) cruised for the first time on the Dream. We are usually into active European vacations but needed something less expensive and closer to home this year. We thought long and hard about taking a cruise and decided to just go for it. We are so glad we gave cruising a try! We booked 2 cabins: 7251 a balcony for the girls and 7249 an inside for the boys directly across the hall. The cabins were more spacious than I had thought they would be. The bedding was so comfortable but my mother found the mattress to be too firm and had trouble with her back and hips each day. The bathroom was adequate for our needs but it is really difficult to shave your legs in that small shower. We enjoyed our sea days by exploring the ship, taking part in trivia and just relaxing on the balcony with a book. The kids all enjoyed their time in the various clubs. We didn't see the 16 year old at all! He made lots of new friends and is going to keep in touch with a couple. The 9 year old enjoyed going on the scavenger hunts. The 7 year old had fun with all the games and things to do. We only made it to the pool once in the afternoon but found it to be not too crowded. The kids enjoyed the slides as well. The food was very good in the main dining room. I found the breakfast buffet to not be that great but the sit down breakfast was wonderful. We had Anytime Dining and our wait staff was superb. We mad our own arrangements for tours of the islands and loved the beautiful beaches. We are now planning another cruise for next summer!

Cruise Converts!

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by trvlgirlmq

We are now planning another cruise for next summer!
trvlgirlmq’s Full Rating Summary