3. Norwegian Gem
I couldn't wait to get to my computer to write this review for the Norwegian Gem!! From the minute we walked on board, they were absolutely NOTHING that wasn't done exceptionally....from the food, the service, the entertainment, the activities, the amenities, and the Gem staff. I have been on 13 cruises and my friend and I have concluded that while all other cruises were great and fun, this one set the standard!! From the embarkation in New York to the quick walk off disembarkation, to the smooth sailing (even though one and 1/2 days we did not have good weather) to the activities that kept you engaged from dawn to dusk, and to the family atmosphere offered by Sinan, Fish and the entire staff. Sinan is probably the best cruise director I have sailed under...asking us up in the morning with..."if you're happy and you know it clap your hands!!" to singing "You Are My Sunshine over the loudspeaker." Also, on opening night having the captain come out and sing...well, that was quite unusual. It's a casual ship but classy. Never felt crowded with over 2000 folks on board. We hated for the journey to end but are looking forward to our next vacation on another Norwegian ship. We just don't know how any ship can be better than this one.

How Are Others Going to Compete????

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by GrammaPatti

• Sail Date: June 2012
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Family Balcony

GrammaPatti’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Family Balcony
Cabin B2 9654
At first we thought the room was quite small. Hard for two folks to maneuver. Yet there was good storage space and the balcony was fine. Maybe a larger table on the balcony would be better.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins