3. Explorer of the Seas
Parking & Embarkation: Very easy to drive to the lot and parking was a breeze. It was quick and easy to get on the ship. We headed straight to the Windjammer for some lunch around noon. Room was ready at 1:30. Room: Nice and clean. Having a balcony was a big plus. Dining: Had the late time dining which was great. The schedule allowed us to see shows before and after dinner. Waiter was wonderful and friendly. Food was good. We chose Portofino for one night and it was a wonderful experience. The food just kept on coming. Loved the chocolate covered strawberries. Thank you to the guy that made me smile! Missed your name but you were probably in your 20's-30's (lighter brown/reddish spikey hair). I think you were travelling with your father. Perhaps from NJ. Had a quick hello but missed chances to speak (sorry). You were dancing up a storm (which I should have been doing!). Are you reading this or know who I'm speaking of? email: liketocruise2012@gmail.com. It's a small world! A familiar face - perhaps from childhood? We (my family member and I) met a lot of nice people throughout the ship - lots of people from New Jersey and New York. I planned to go to the gym but ended up on the walking track on the top deck. Great way to exercise and people watch. Entertainment: Most of the shows were great. I especially liked the impressionist comedian Joey Van. Needed a good laugh that night! Ports: Labadee- Very hot. More areas for shade would be ideal. It's very hard to escape the intense heat at this location. Your best bet is to find cover under a tree. The boat ride around the coast was very nice. St Maarten -- Great place. We may have been better doing this port on our own. Bermuda -- buy the one day pass for travelling on the ferry and bus for $12. We took the ferry to Hamilton and then the bus to Horseshoe Bay. Had enough time to enjoy the dockyard as well. Puerto Rico -- we didn't have much time to explore but took a quick tour around the new and Old San Juan. Enjoyed Richard Spacey as the cruise director. Overall it was a great escape. I only wish it would have been longer. I would definitely recommend this ship.

May 24th Explorer of the Seas - Love this ship!

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by cruiser2012new

• Sail Date: May 2012
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Room: Nice and clean. Having a balcony was a big plus.

Enjoyed Richard Spacey as the cruise director.

cruiser2012new’s Full Rating Summary