3. Celebrity Constellation
Third voyage aboard Connie. We were eager to see her makeover but a bit disappointed when we did. Stateroom bathrooms lead the gripe list. Replacing towels but failing to tend to rust (rot) spots in grout, tiles, etc. just does not make sense in my book. And it makes the defects stand out very, very clearly. Reupholstering is nice. But take a moment to find the chairs, couches and other furniture whose inner springs or foam needs replacing, too. Clearly, this was not done. Pizza??? Only ship that made me yearn for Papa John. Buffets? B O R I N G. Please "X," show the creativity that once made shipboard dining (minus the extra charges) a highlight of any cruise. No complaints about the crew. They, like most cruise ship staff, have had their ranks thinned and work their behinds off. Courtesy was never an issue. The pool area was not touched. That was abundantly evident. Again, do things halfway and the improvements serve to make the decay and wear stand out even more than it did before the ship was "Solticized" (whatever the heck that is supposed to mean!) The voyage itself was fine. Captain Peppas (whom we have sailed with several times before on other "X" ships) seems to have honed his personality. He was out-and-about more than we have ever seen him. He is still hesitant about engaging passengers in conversation but was always polite when approached. Guess I am somewhat biased because I am a die-hard Captain Nick Pagonis loyalist. Cruise Director Rich Clesen is a personable, hard-working young man. We truly lucked out on this crossing by having the incredible pianist Eliot Finkel aboard. As usual, Mr. Finkel brought down the house when he performed an afternoon concert for we classical music aficionados. Venerable comedian Don Gavin was tur-to-form with a routine that was quite enjoyable. And what can one say about Perry Grant? Perry continues to pack the house no matter where or when he performs. To us, he is the Best Entertainer on the Seven Seas. Mr. Hanrahan, I know it is a monster expense to rehab a cruise ship the size of Connie. However, if you are going to do it, wait till you can do it from fore-to-aft and from ceiling-to-floor. Do it right or don't do it at all.

Almost . . .

NJ Fred’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Family Ocean View with Balcony
Cabin FV 7202
7202 is an incredibly spacious Family Veranda. Yes, the loungers are still there - we had three; although the lounge pads were quite worn and we put bath towels over them.

The bedding sags. Clearly, "X" could benefit by shopping for the Holland America standard of mattress!
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins