• Newsletter

Kim
First Time Cruiser • Age 20s

Sail Date: Apr 2005
Cabin:

This was our first cruise. I had done quite a lot of homework prior so I came prepared. My DH and I decided to cruise for our 10 year anniversary. 12 others joined us. New Orleans: We arrived in NO on Sat. Spent that evening at Margaritaville and then on Bourbon St. What an experience. Even if you just people watch it is a site!!! You can spend a lot of money or you can settle for a $5.00 poboy, it is your choice.

Sunday we ate breakfast at the hotel (Quality Inn and Suites on O'Keeffe) and headed to Harrahs. My sister won $100 on the nickel slots and I donated my $20. From there we saw more of the sites. We walked everywhere!!!!! Early afternoon we all did the carriage tour though the French Quarter. Very interesting. In my opinion it was well worth the $12 to just get off my feet for a bit. My dogs were barking!!! LOL. For dinner we chose the Cajun Cabin. I was not overly hungry and ordered the spinach and artichoke dip and my DH had a seafood sampler for $20, we were not overly impressed.

Embarkation: WIth 10 of us going 10 blocks to the boat we couldn't see paying 3 cab fares so two of the guys took the luggage to the dock and we walked down. Worked out good for us. We joined the other 4 that had driven down and stayed at another hotel at the docks. We arrived about 11:30 and were on board and eating lunch by about 12:30. Our luggage was at our room by 2 or 3. I was already losing track of time by then. The whole process seemed smooth to me.

Cabin E