• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

patty1955
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2012
Cabin: Concierge Class 2

We are huge fans of Celebrity. In fact I may never be able to convince my DH to try another line. This cruse didn't change his mind. Celebrity lived up to its slogan "Modern Luxury".

We were lucky to be on the first cruise after the Solictization, but I don't think we will book another cruise on a ship just out of dry dock. This was our second and, just like before, there were issues that impacted our enjoyment. There were problems with the air conditioning all over the ship for the first few days. It took 4 or 5 days for our cabin temperature to be comfortable. Fumes, wet paint and dining room confusion all got better as the cruise went on. I'm sure by the second cruise it was all worked out.

The new areas of the Millennium are beautiful. They really improve and update the look of the ship. Once people discover the new areas, they're going to be very busy. The older areas of the ship are still showing their age. I had heard that all the soft surfaces were going to be replaced, but we saw frayed and worn carpet in several areas. We were amused to see duct tape being used on the bridge over the Grand Foyer.

Concierge Class 2

Cabin C2

Although this cabin in listed as "Partially Obstructed" the obstruction is actually for the cabin next door. We didn't have any issue with the obstruction and we'd book this cabin again

Find a Celebrity Millennium Cruise from $288