• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Prankprincess
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2012
Cabin: Sky Suite 1

This was my boyfriend's first cruise, and my first one in over 15 years. My brother used to work for the big red boat, so I got to go on a lot of cruises back then. He was really excited to go on a cruise, consulted with a travel agent and booked us a sky suite on the Celebrity Solstice. I was a little disappointed as I was hoping for the Oasis of the seas or the Allure. His travel agent said if we weren't going to do the zip line, surf pool activities and see a lot of kids- that the Celebrity wa sless expensive with better food and a more upscale crowd. To me, that meant old people!!

I have to say that this was the best cruise experience I ever had. From the moment we boarded until the moment we disembarked I have not a single complaint. Every single crew member was so nice and friendly, always smiling and happy. The bartenders in the molecular bar seemed truly happy to be doing what they are doing. And those drink concoctions are amazing. Do they take a little longer to make than ordering a beer at the pool bar? Absolutely, but well worth the wait. Fresh ingredients served with a smile. The Black Mambo was our favorite, but I think we tried just about every one on the menu. (YES, we opted for the Premium bar package). Every night before dinner we would stop in and have a pred dinner cocktail. I think a lot of the passengers did not find this bar until the end of the trip or not at all. I read about it on Cruise critic.

We arrived to Port Everglades around 10:30 or 11 am and there was barely any waiting at all. They boarded the suites first so we were some of the first on board and we went directly to the top/lawn deck for a cocktail. It is so beautiful up on this deck with the grass. Although we never played golf, or Bocce ball or saw the glass blowing show. They serve a nice Sauvignon blanc on the ship. After this we made it our mission to explore all around the ship and there is a LOT to see.

Sky Suite 1

Great spacious room, nice private big balcony, comfortable bed, spacious bathroom, the only bad thing as we were right under the Ocean view cafe aft deck so in the morning you hear chairs dragging across. But not a big deal.

Port Reviews

San Juan

Rainy and we took a $20 bus tour that was terrible. Not through the ship.

When we got off they were waiting there selling the tour and we diverted from our original plan of self exploring.

Find a Celebrity Solstice Cruise from $949