3. Seabourn Odyssey
We originally booked a guarantee V4, and were shortly upgraded to V6. Then the week before we were due to sail we had another upgrade to a Penthouse Suite. We had no problem with noise of which I have read on some other reviews in any part of the ship. We ate breakfast and lunch in the Colonnade and of which I have no complaints whatsoever. The staff were very attentive, they would serve whatever was required or you could just help yourself. I tended to eat omelettes for breakfast, which were lovely, my husband had steak and eggs on the last day, which he said were excellent. Our evening meal was taken in the Restaurant in the "Irish Corner" wonderfully run by Nicola and her staff. Nicola with her irish sense of humour made the meal an experience. The food itself was excellent and well presented with complimentary wines served by a knowledgeable somelier. We took two organised tours, one from Argostoli which took in the underground lake, which I have to admit was a little disappointing, and then went in Sime where Captain Correlli's Mandolin was filmed. The tour took in most of the island so gave us a good look round. The second tour took us to Ancient Corinth and the Canal, another enjoyable and interesting tour. We spent some afternoons on one of the sundecks, there is always a quiet one to be found, and enjoyed being served iced water/cocktails/champagne. We also spent a small amount of time in the Square which was a really lovely area where you could read the papers/books/do the jigsaw/have a coffee, cake or ice-cream/book tours or just sit and enjoy the peace and quiet which seemed abundant on this ship. Leaving the ship at Athens was well ordered with no queues or the feeling of being abandoned off the ship, even the captain was there to say goodbye.

A thoroughly enjoyable experience

Seabourn Odyssey Cruise Review by G Greenwood

G Greenwood’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seabourn Odyssey price drops

Penthouse Suite
Cabin PH 1023
1023
No noise from the hallway, which opens at one end to a small area overlooking the pool with loungers, and at the other end is the Observation Lounge.
Large suite with separate bedroom.
Large walk-in wardrobe.
Large bathroom, separate toilet with hand basin.
Large balcony with table, two chairs and two loungers.
Deck 10 Suite Cabins