• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Carnival Glory Review

Editor Rating
4 Awards

Only two things were really unpleasant on this cruise

Review for Carnival Glory to the Eastern Caribbean
NJGem
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2012
Cabin:

Embarkation in Miami; We arrived later than normal for us and found that the lines extended to outside the building. However, the lines were constantly moving so it wasn't too bad. I would guess about it took about 45 minutes to board the ship.

Room: There were three of us in the cabin. The cabin layout was very good and the bathroom a little larger than some we have had on previous cruises. The bunk drops from the ceiling, rather than the wall, and this seemed to allow more room between the beds. The fridge does not get very cold, but it was adequate for our needs. Our room steward, Osnel(sp) was very pleasant and did a very good job in taking care of our room. He responded promptly to any requests that we had. He also created some terrific towel animals.

Food: We didn't have any real issues with the food. We split the evening dining between the dining room and the buffet We had breakfast and lunch at the buffet. All of us enjoyed the Grill, the Mongolian Wok, the Burrito Bar, and the Deli. The deserts were very good for the most part, the only disappointment I had was the Creme Brulee in the dining room.

In the evening there was noise/vibration from a nightclub. i can't remember if it was below or above our cabin. I was the only one of the family who went to bed early enough to notice it. I was usually pretty tired and used earplugs, so it was not a major problem for me.

previous reviewnext review