Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by stella767
- Sail Date: May 2012
- Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
- Cabin Type: Owner's Suite
- checking in in Rome was extremely disorganized, shuttle bus driver was not even helping people to load and unload their luggage in. the bus.
- THEY KEPT OUR PASSPORTS. Is that legal? Only returned to us in Le Havre.
- Satetroom's service was the worst ever, in the first day, the garbage was not collected, dirty dishes left in the balcony. After we complained, we got lots of apologies and an explanation that the room's stewart had just been moved to that area and was not used to the job!
- no contact from the concierge, she didn't even bothered coming to introduce herself. When we call to ask for some hors d'oeve in the room, she said was not possible and called me "honey"
- Poor shows, no comedians.
- The food was the worst we ever had: no lobster or rack of lamb or even a decent steak dinner. Terrible desserts, no baked Alaska or even a decent crÃ¨me brulee, just a cheap version of an orange crÃ¨me watery and tasteless
-. When we asked why, the waiter said that at this time of the year they could not get lobsters in the Mediterranean and that Baked Alaska had been banned everywhere because of safety, way too many cases of fires in ships ????
There was one dinner in which we had to wait 40 min for the main entree because they ran out of chicken, which by the way looked like a cheap version of a Shake and Bake
- No support from the concierge what so ever. The lines we always busy and she would not return our calls
- extremely poor choice of the room menu, and every order came with something wrong and several of them just didn't come. When we phoned comparing they had no record of the order at all.
- as always extremely expensive Internet fees. And of course there is no warning when you are running out of time of the package you have purchased. A complete rip off, which is common practice in all other shipping lines we have been.
- terrible service in the breakfast of the dining room. They just included a buffet in it to clearly minimize their work. It makes breakfast look messy and not organized.
- all crew members started to work better towards the end of the cruise, 2 days to go, because of the final tipping La Coruna - second port
didn't take any excursion with the shipping line, we walked to the castle and the entrance was free because they were renovating. Interesting but not espetacular. The city is cute, good coffee, cute shops, nothing special though. Nice shopping Mall very close to the ship with free Internet, that unfortunately was very weak and useless
Dover - third port
we didn't take any excursion. There was a shuttle bus from the ship to town that cost 4.50 pounds, a rip off.The town is not prepared for tourists, the locals hate us. Ugly and simple, we just didn't feel welcome
tried to go to the castle, entrance fee 20 pounds
No free shuttle form the ship to town. 15 euros return
We rented a car for 6 + GPS for 185 euros and we drive to Paris. Had a great time, parked the car and took the red bus that cost 27 euros each.
The train to Paris would have cost 50 euros each way, it was worth driving and fun.
- Read more Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas Review
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
City Tourshort excursion that included a boat trip, very interesting, the guide's excursion extremely knowledgeable, drop off at the airport. Good value for $75View All 108 City Tour Reviews
City Tourpaid 22 euros, way cheaper than any excursion, walk out of the ship in the beautiful town and found these vans offering the tour. Reliable and safe, great tour, 1 hour and a half and included all the main sitesView All 30 City Tour Reviews
Good value !
Gibraltar is gorgeous, the view breath taking, lots of fun with the monkeys and very interesting trip to the cave and the tunnel built in the 19 hundreds .