3. Celebrity Silhouette
We began our cruise at Cape Liberty, which is not a very nice port. The check-in went fairly quickly, but it is not a pleasant place to hang around. We were allowed onto the ship around 11:00am. Our stateroom was beautiful, very spacious. People complain about the storage, but we didn't even use the space above the bed. There was ample room to keep things. Our housekeepers were very professional and discreet, answering all our needs with a smile. It was nice to have shampoo and body lotion provided (which was not the case on Allure of the Seas unless you went to guest services and asked). We ate all our evening meals at the Main Dining Room, and the service and food were consistently excellent. Our waiter Hussein and his assistant Anne went out of their way to make every meal special. My gluten-free diet was accommodated in a spectacular way. Each night after dinner, I was presented with the next night's menu. I was invited to choose whichever items I wanted, and the chef would prepare the food gluten-free for me the following day. Just wonderful. In the breakfast buffet, there was always gluten-free toast available, and I found it very easy to keep healthy. Sushi was available every afternoon at the buffet, and was very fresh.The ship is beautiful, with lots of different places to sit and read, or just watch the water. The sea was rough for 2 days, but very easy to take after that. We were surprised at how pleasant the temperature was outside, and were able to enjoy the sun outside on the various decks The entertainment was not great, no comparison to Royal Caribbean, but there was a terrific selection of free in-room movies, and a nice lending library for days at sea. This trip was`fabulous. Not for people who get seasick or are easily bored, but the crossing is a good opportunity to really relax in luxury before you begin visiting the cities of Europe. This was an unforgettable experience.

Fantastic Transatlantic Adventure