3. Splendour of the Seas
We booked this cruise because of the ports and the week my wife had off from graduate school. We have been on 4 cruise lines and previously liked RCCL for Europe. This time there was a big difference. The layout of the ship with the interactive locator screens strategically located plus the diagram of the ship by the elevators was great. The entertainment was better than average too. The balcony on the back of the ship worked out better than the small add-on balconies on the sides. The bad news is that the service and food SUCKED! Unlike Princess there are only busboys at the Windjammer which at times was overcrowded. The breakfast and lunch at the buffet was of an inferior quality. Even the cakes were made from cheap mixes.I suggest that you bring an oven glove with for the self serve hot food so you don't get burned from the heat lamps that are directly on the serving utensils. For dinner in the dining room there was no Lobster dinner or decent steak unless you wanted to pay extra. Even the extra cost restaurants have a cover charge plus ala carte pricing. For anytime dining if you have a reservation you may be seated with people who are finishing their dinners or people are added on to your table when you are ready to order dessert. bar service. If you want a drink you must go to the bar and order it. No one comes around in the theater or on deck during the day. The new I-Pads that were supposed to be in the room were not there and the TV was not interactive either. If you are gold or above there is a coupon boom in your room but watch out for double charges on the buy one get one drinks. My biggest complaint besides the food is the guest relations desk. I had to go there 5 times the last night and the morning we were leaving to get my bill straightened out. We pre-booked some excursions that were prepaid 2 months ago but RCCL cancelled them at the last minute because of low numbers of sign ups and I couldn't get anyone to credit my account. My credit card was already billed 2 months ago but no one knew what they were doing. Announcements are made in several languages and they do have 3 Cruise directors, English, German and Italian. Although I don't speak Italian he was the most charismatic of the 3. The casino was not very large and there was no craps table but plenty of machines. I didn't see anyone winning so I didn't play.

Great Itinerary, Lousy service

ALBIRD1’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D2 7626
Great balcony. No cigar lounge on board but the allow you to smoke cigars on balcony. Beds were comfortable but suitcases don't fit under them. On of the best room stewards.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins