MSC Musica Cruise Review by LaughCali
- Sail Date: April 2012
- Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
1. The cabins and the ship are very clean.
2. Service is awesome, the staff is everywhere, you don't have to look to far and they all work hard and are friendly.
3. The MSC excursions are worth every penny, we cheaped out one day and regretted it, we wish we could do that port over again. We walked out and were just going to find a good restaurant etc but we encountered plenty of locals offering bargain excursions, so we chose one for $20.00 euros each. The tour was just okay, nothing to write home about. At the end of the tour we still had 3 1/2 hours left so the tour guide asked if we wanted to walk, she pointed right and said go left, so we asked her are you sure, go left, yes, yes...No we ended up walking 6 miles on a bad road with no hope of grabbing a taxi, we finally made it to the ship on time. We had already booked 2 MSC excursions so we decided to add two more, good choice, all the MSC excursions are fun and no worries about getting back to the ship in time. A couple of the excursions we had to be taken on board by boats because of either no dock or too many ships docked, we went out first and were on the island by 7:30 when the non-excursion members started disembarking at 8:00 a.m. so this was an advantage. At some ports MSC offered a shuttle to the city center and they had shuttle buses bring you back every 10 minutes for about 8 or 9 euros. Great deal! The excursion buses were always full.3. Wifi, I brought my i-phone and went to wifi on my phone and it takes you to the msc webpage and you pick different increments, 30, 60, 100, etc, minutes. I chose 100 min for $15.00 euros and just connected to download my email to keep in touch, it's automatically charged to your room. Just be sure to logout!!! or your time keeps running. I noticed after I logged in, I had to go back to wifi and connect again to get a connection but the 2nd time you don't have to login. I typed the http://exit.hotspot.lan in my notes and you can click on it and it automatically logs you out when your done.
4. Food! Not bad or great but its the typical buffet style, a few good items on the menu. Breakfast and lunch are good. Dinner they mess up on the international cuisine of the day. Thai day, not the Thai I usually have, or Mexican, the chicken is curry. They have salads, fruit, breads, deserts and basic rice, potato staples, etc. I think the chefs would be better off keeping in simple and making sure the food is hot. It seems like they try to please every nationality but they shouldn't. We didn't care too much because we eat the basic healthy food and wanted to try the meals at the different ports. Sometimes people do cut lines or are rude. Americans are the minority on this cruise line but not due to MSC. It was fun meeting and experiencing different cultures. Most of the young workers speak english and it seems they are happy to use it when given the opportunity.
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
City TourThe excursion included the entry to the acropolis and the museum, we learned so much from the local guide. worth every penny.View All 136 City Tour Reviews
The Plaka Walking TourWe walked, ate and shopped at PlakaView All 49 The Plaka Walking Tour Reviews
CorfuWe booked the MSC shuttle bus for 8 euros each to the city center, we enjoyed spending the time on our own.View All 547 Corfu Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Corfu Cruise Port Review
Katakolon (Olympia)We took the MSC excursion but it was a holiday so we did the panoramic tour.View All 474 Katakolon (Olympia) Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Katakolon (Olympia) Cruise Port Review
MykonosWe took the MSC shuttle bus for 9 euros each to the city center and had a great time, eating, shopping and taking pictures. The MSC shuttle bus left every 10 minutes. EasyView All 893 Mykonos Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Mykonos Cruise Port Review
Oia VillageLoved the tour and we stopped at a restaurant and sampled the local food and wines and locals performed the traditional dances.View All 161 Oia Village Reviews
VeniceWe stayed 2 days prior to the ship and enjoyed every minute on our own.View All 1,233 Venice Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Venice Cruise Port Review