Just got back from my second P&O cruise this time onboard the Azura (first one was with Ventura) Thought I would give P&O the benefit of the doubt following my first time with them. Have to say that although I had a great time which was mostly down to the destinations I went to and the friends I met, overall it was no improvement from the last one in that my main gripe was once agin the lack of entertainment for us under eightie's. The daytime programme was shockingly bad unless you liked boring talks or shuffleboard. Bare in mind it is now 2012 and not 1912 which is where I would put the quality of entetainment. Night time was much better and the acts in the main theatre were very good. Food was ok, but I dont want ok I want wow, the sort of wow that companies such as Disney cruise line offer you. I feel it was all a bit too old style british and a bit staid in its approach to quality but I suppose when you travel from the Uk on a Uk catered for ship, then what do you expect. Before I get "must be a yank or such like, I am infact born and bread a true Geordie living in Newcastle, so cannot be accused of being a little biased to other lines. The fact remains from what I have learned that if you book a brittish cruise out of britain, your never going to get that much quality or service,like you get ontheamerican lines, this is down to our attitude of "it will do" and I darn't complain I am way too british for that. Sorry for the above rant but it is what it is. P&O, you need to modernise and quick, if youdont want to loose the younger clients that wil replace the existing pensioners sooner or later.

P&O, for the oldies

Azura Cruise Review by michael wright

Sorry for the above rant but it is what it is.
replace the existing pensioners sooner or later.
michael wright’s Full Rating Summary