3. Independence of the Seas
I have just arrived home from a cruise around the Canary Islands on the Independence of the Seas. I will start with the positive, because there are so many! (I'll bullet point to quicken the process!) - Staff do all they can to help you and are genuinely nice! - I used the sports facilities a lot, which are amazing on this ship. Looking out over the ocean whilst on a treadmill makes it seem less monotonous! - The food is really really good in the restaurant for evening dining and the buffet in Windjammer has all the the food you could ever imagine! - The shows were really good (particularly the ice show) even though they weren't really my type of thing - Cocktail of the day is cheap!! Think it was $6.75 which I thought was value for money! - The coffee/bakery shop (can't remember it's official name) had some damn good food to offer! (blueberry loaf mmm...) And the negatives : - Had a horrible storm on day 2 which resulted in A LOT of sea sickness, however this is obviously no-one's fault apart from mother nature! - This is a pretty big negative, because of the storm we missed out on visiting Madeira which is meant to be the best port!! (and were only refunded $13?)So be careful about sailing through the bay of biscae...risky business I think.. - Really feel that the ship should offer a free shuttle bus service considering some places are an hours walk to any shops!! All in all this ship is pretty impressive and I do not understand how people can comment negatively on the staff or the ship facilities...how much more can you pack onto something that has to float people!??

Excellent staff, amazing facilities...and a horrible storm!

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Lowri

• Sail Date: April 2012
  • Destination: Canary Islands
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

- Staff do all they can to help you and are genuinely nice!

And the negatives :