Excellent staff, amazing facilities...and a horrible storm! : Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Lowri
Overall Member Rating
Excellent staff, amazing facilities...and a horrible storm!
Destination: Canary Islands
- Staff do all they can to help you and are genuinely nice!
- I used the sports facilities a lot, which are amazing on this ship. Looking out over the ocean whilst on a treadmill makes it seem less monotonous!
- The food is really really good in the restaurant for evening dining and the buffet in Windjammer has all the the food you could ever imagine!
- The shows were really good (particularly the ice show) even though they weren't really my type of thing
- Cocktail of the day is cheap!! Think it was $6.75 which I thought was value for money!
- The coffee/bakery shop (can't remember it's official name) had some damn good food to offer! (blueberry loaf mmm...)
And the negatives :
- Had a horrible storm on day 2 which resulted in A LOT of sea More sickness, however this is obviously no-one's fault apart from mother nature!
- This is a pretty big negative, because of the storm we missed out on visiting Madeira which is meant to be the best port!! (and were only refunded $13?)So be careful about sailing through the bay of biscae...risky business I think..
- Really feel that the ship should offer a free shuttle bus service considering some places are an hours walk to any shops!!
All in all this ship is pretty impressive and I do not understand how people can comment negatively on the staff or the ship facilities...how much more can you pack onto something that has to float people!?? Less
Cabin review: E16166 Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with BalconyDeluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony (E1) Reviews >>
Port and Shore Excursions
Read Cruise Critic’s Independence of the Seas Review >>
Canary islands Cruise June 201...
No more of these cruises for u...
Epic not quite so epic
Fab First RC cruise on the Ind...
Room 8553 great holiday
Back with Rc after a few years...