Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Lowri
- Sail Date: April 2012
- Destination: Canary Islands
- Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
- Staff do all they can to help you and are genuinely nice!
- I used the sports facilities a lot, which are amazing on this ship. Looking out over the ocean whilst on a treadmill makes it seem less monotonous!
- The food is really really good in the restaurant for evening dining and the buffet in Windjammer has all the the food you could ever imagine!
- The shows were really good (particularly the ice show) even though they weren't really my type of thing
- Cocktail of the day is cheap!! Think it was $6.75 which I thought was value for money!
- The coffee/bakery shop (can't remember it's official name) had some damn good food to offer! (blueberry loaf mmm...)
And the negatives :
- Had a horrible storm on day 2 which resulted in A LOT of sea sickness, however this is obviously no-one's fault apart from mother nature!
- This is a pretty big negative, because of the storm we missed out on visiting Madeira which is meant to be the best port!! (and were only refunded $13?)So be careful about sailing through the bay of biscae...risky business I think..
- Really feel that the ship should offer a free shuttle bus service considering some places are an hours walk to any shops!!
All in all this ship is pretty impressive and I do not understand how people can comment negatively on the staff or the ship facilities...how much more can you pack onto something that has to float people!??
- Read more Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas Review
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Loro ParqueThe park is amazing!!! If you go to Tenerife this place is a must!!View All 7 Loro Parque Reviews