• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Celebrity Solstice Review

Editor Rating
30 Awards

Service and food going down hill

Review for Celebrity Solstice to the Eastern Caribbean
anskt
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Apr 2012
Cabin: AquaClass 1

My wife and I and our 26 and 24 year children just got back from the last Eastern Caribbean cruise prior to it heading to Europe for the summer. We gave this cruise to our children for their Christmas present. It was my 16th cruise and second on the Solstice. We could not have been more disappointed. I took this same cruise last March 2011 and it was very nice if you compare it to NCL and other cruise lines I have been on in the past. After 16 cruises I feel like I'm a pretty good judge of of fine cruising verses your lower class lines.

We were in Aqua Class and should have had all the amenities that it offers. Rooms were not keep that clean and we had to use the same towels sometimes 3 days in a row. Now I will get to the really bad issues. The food, service and attitudes. We decided to eat one night in the main dining room. What a mistake. Food was tasteless and service was even worse. We didn't even have a sommelier come to the table until nearly the end of the meal even after asking twice. The other nights we ate in the Specialty restaurants. Service was just as bad and food was terrible, especially Tuscan Grille. Silk Harvest was the best of all. The cruise director was a Canadian female that was awful. All she did was come on the loud speaker ever so often to make an announcement. No sense of humor or talent. Entertainment was mediocre at best.

I had tried Celebrity as I thought it was a few steps above the basic Carnival, NCL and RC. Boy was I wrong. We figured that a Celebrity Cruise would be great for our adult children. Wrong again. It was full of little children,from 10 years old to younger. They were running all over the ship and even in the all adult areas unsupervised. We thought we were on the Disney Cruise. Very disruptive to say the least. Please do your homework prior to booking with Celebrity. Note the time of year you cruise. This ship was low on supplies as we were told because it was headed to Europe, they didn't like certain liquors and food so they didn't have it in stock.

AquaClass 1