3. Celebrity Solstice
After two satisfying cruises with Princess, I was looking to try a different cruise-line. Our experience on Celebrity Solstice was very comparable to Princess. Parking and boarding in Ft Lauderdale is simple and went smoothly. I parked at Park n Go and was on the ship within 40 minutes or so. Our 2 pieces of luggage arrived at our room before late dining. With some effort, I was able to get a spot at early dining. It was full when I booked a week before departure. The shows were better than I ever expected...The "Cirque" type show is amazing.The magician/comedian was hilarious. Song and dance was better than average. I went to a show every night and was never bored. The glass blowing demonstrations are also great, and can be sat in on at any time they are going on. I thought the pools were well configured and not too noisy. My wife and I mostly used the solarium indoor pool. It has very comfy lounges, air conditioning, and elevator type music playing. I did lay by the outside pools to get suntan for about an hour 4 or 5 days. I had no problem finding lounges available. I will occasionally move towels from empty lounges so I can use them. For the most part, no problem with "chair savers". This was spring break and Easter week and I still always found a place to lie down. The ship itself is clean and new feeling. Easy to get around. I will cruise on any solstice class ship any time. My interior room was large enough and the bathroom and shower were very well laid out. The closet is a little awkward. We ate all dinners in the main dining room. Some entrees were less than inspiring, others were nearly perfect. Desserts were outstanding as I expect. The breakfast and lunch buffet had good variety and the food was fresh. I will cruise with either Celebrity or Princess again without hesitation.

Very Happy With Celebrity Solstice

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by scottjfl

I will cruise with either Celebrity or Princess again without hesitation.
scottjfl’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Celebrity Solstice price drops

Inside Stateroom
Cabin 11 1530
Quiet interior room on a great floor with easy access to the elevators.
Sunrise Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins