3. Island Escape
I have cruised on the escape 3 times, and each holiday as enjoyable as the first. Yes, I agree some areas of the ship are tired looking cabins basic but clean. friendly and helpful staff make sure you are well catered for, nothing is too much trouble, even my son's extensive list of food allergies. The waiters gave us the best service we have ever experienced. We have stayed in 5 star hotels before and have felt like the staff, could not be bothered. I consider this as one of the main reasons we have returned, as the Island escape staff, made so much effort, to cater for us, and value for money. Food was plentyful and varied. The scones served in the afternoon were the best I have tasted. Ports were amazing, no pressure to book excursions, I was happy just exploring locally, but did enjoy a trip to Pisa and Barcelona's football club. Weather was mainly sunny, which was a bonus in early April. We did experince some rough seas, but this didn't bother us. We enjoyed all the entertainment, we were never bored.Ross and his team, worked hard, to provide quality shows. Plenty to keep the kids occupied. The Kids club was often over booked, as this was Easter holidays, but we always found something else to do. The swimming pool area is not the ships greatest aset, I prefered to be sat out on a higher deck. One disappointment was paying for an outside cabin, but not being able to see pass a huge orange life boat.The cabin was comfortable, always kept clean and staff helpful. We slept well throughout the cruise. This cruise is ideal if you are happy in a relaxed informal style, visit some new and exciting destinations. If its 5 star luxury you expect, this is not for you. For a last minute booking, less than £500 each, you couldn,t find a better deal in the school holidays. Flying from local airports adds to the convenience. I would certainly return for a fourth visit, knowing how much we have enjoyed our experience on the Island Escape.

Fantastic

Island Escape Cruise Review by victoria hall

victoria hall’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 7 to 9

Good space. Life boat obsuring veiw. some noise from other passengers from corridor. looked clean and freshly decorated.

More Thomson Cruises Island Escape Reviews