• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

scomar
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Mar 2012
Cabin: Extended Balcony

Embarkation: We arrived at the pier about 11:00am. There was no line to get in to the terminal and just a very short line to go through security. There was about a 15 minute wait to get our sail and sign cards. After receiving our S&S cards we were able to go directly on to the ship. Went to the Serenity area and hardly anyone there, so we had drinks and went and checked out the ship. I was so much enjoying the Serenity area that I forgot all about the time and my wife had to remind me that it was time for the rooms to be ready. So we were in our room by 1:45pm. Could have been earlier but like I said... One of the best embarkations I have ever done, smooth and fast!

Cabin: We were in cabin 7186. Cabin was clean. Furniture and soft goods all were in good order. We found plenty of room to put away all of our clothes. Don't forget to use the drawers under the couch. We were able to fit our entire luggage under the bed after unpacking. The bed was two twins pushed together. Now if you were sleeping on your side of the bed it was very comfortable, but if you wanted to spoon with your partner (wife in my case) the center of the bed had a hump were the two twins met. This was very uncomfortable. Our room stewards were great. We tip him extra the very first day. Always had ice in the ice bucket, room was always clean when we come back from the day's events. The TV in the room needed to be a little closer or a little larger not that we watched it that much but when you did it was hard to see small writing, like from CNN which we watched the most to keep up with the news. Also they had some kind of connection problem, we tried to rent a movie and it played 3 minutes and the screen went blank. Called and told them about it and they removed it from the bill. Bathroom was great had plenty of shelf space to store all our toiletries. On bad note is the shower went hot and cold while using it. Overall the ship was in good condition but she is showing her age.

The Ship: The last Carnival ship we were on was the Glory, which we loved. The Miracle not as much, while we did have a great time on her we were not fond of the layout. Yes it is easy to get from bow to stern but everything is to spread out, all the lounges are far apart from each other. As I stated earlier she is showing her age and for just coming out of a try dock, I saw a lot of rust on the exterior and some painting that needed to be done on the lido. We are glad we got to sail her but will probably pass on her next time.

Extended Balcony

Cabin 8K

Loved the extra room of the extended balcony

1 Helpful Vote