3. Norwegian Jewel
We set sail out of NYC on 3/31 and were headed to Cape Canaveral, GSC, and Nassau, Bahamas. We arrived at the pier around noon and we were on the boat by 12:30. As you can see, the embarkation process was quick and efficient. With our carry-on bags in hand, we headed to the Garden Cafe to grab a quick lunch and enjoy the view of the NYC skyline, even the weather was pretty cold and misty. The buffet food was good, but not great. It is what you should expect from an all you can eat buffet. We got into our balcony stateroom by 1:30 and it was great. Pretty large in size with a nice private balcony. The room was clean and comfortable. I was surprised to see such a large shower. We enjoyed an awesome steak dinner at Cagneys! If there is one specialty restaurant that you decide to go to, go there. The filet mignon was the best that I have ever tasted and the service was great. It was my boyfriends birthday and the staff went out of their way to make sure that it was a memorable meal. Cake was brought out for him as they sang to him. After that, we enjoyed seeing the lights of the Jersey shore as we headed south, even though it was quite chilly. The next day, we set out to hang around the pool in our bathing suits, even though it was only 65 degrees. I managed to burn a little bit! Kids were all over the pools because the temperature doesn't affect them! That night, we went to the new Brazilian restaurant on board and left completely full. That restaurant was an awesome experience. Waiters just kept bringing out different meats for you to enjoy until you can't eat anymore. Our first stop was Cape Canaveral. A lot of people are not happy with this port and complain that there is nothing to do. However, it is my firm belief that you need to choose a cruise that works for you and that you need to make the most out of every experience. If you choose a cruise with this port, don't fuss that there is little to do. My boyfriend and I took the $5 shuttle from CC to Cocoa Beach. Don't waste your money and book the shuttle through NCL. NCL will charge you $15.99. Just walk right out of the pier and there are plenty of taxis ready to take you on the cheap. We hung out on Cocoa Beach and explored the town a bit. My boyfriend took a private surfing lesson at Ron Jon's and he loved every minute of it. Again, book around the cruise line as it is much cheaper. After that, we headed to the Sandbar to grab $1 margaritas and shrimp tacos. Awesome place to eat! The next day we headed to GSC. The water is too shallow around the island to dock, so tender boats were sent to the Jewel for us to board. The tendering process was quick and easy. Crew members helped guide you to the right place. The island is beautiful. You honestly would not realize that there is any kind of construction going on. We hung out at the beach, enjoyed the lunch buffet, and headed to our jet ski excursion. That was a beautiful experience and we really got to enjoy the tour of the island and the surrounding islands. The guides went a little too fast though! We ate in Azura that night and it was pretty good. You can really order as much as you want. I would order a salad and an appetizer. an entree, and dessert. This really filled me up. The portions were on the smaller side, but believe me, you will not go hungry. On to Nassau! We had two gorgeous beach days and decided to take our own tour of the city of Nassau. I did some research before the trip and I knew that we wanted to see the Queen's Staircase and the Gardens of Versailles. We also wanted conch fritters! We walked to the Queen's staircase, enjoyed some history about it from a local, and then climbed up! We also visited Fort Finmore, which is highest spot on the island and offers a great view of Nassau. Then, we took the water taxi ($4/pp) and headed to Paradise Island. We walked 1.5 miles to the gardens. I love to walk places and would rather do that than taxi around the islands. The gardens are quiet, peaceful, and beautiful. We walked back to the Paradise Island Bridge and were going to head to the Fish Fry for conch fritters. A great meal was shared, and you get 12 conch fritters for $4! We also went to the Straw Market, where bartering is encouraged and fun! We picked up lots of trinkets for our families. Back to the boat! We ate in the MDR that night, and again, the food and the service was good, but not great. The last day on board was a good day to relax, read a book, eat, enjoy the casino, or look at the Freestyle guide. The water was super rough, with 12 foot waves. It was awesome to watch the water. There really wasn't much to do until the evening. As for entertainment on the ship, it was great. The magician was funny, as was our comedian on the ship. They were both genuinely comedic and it wasn't forced. The husband and wife acrobatic duo were breathtaking, and we actually ate next to them at the buffet. The singers and dancers were a little corny though, and it was like they were trying too hard. We went to every show in the Stardust theatre at 9:30. There were less children during that time slot. The service that we received was high quality. Employees went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed every minute of our "cruise vacation." From the captain to the "washy washy" girls, everyone seemed to care. The whole boat was very clean and presentable. If there was a problem or a mistake, it was corrected efficiently. The activities onboard were pretty good. The bars and parties were great, especially the White Hot Party. The chocolate buffet was delightful and there were a few fountains set out with plenty of chocolate choices. Overall, a fabulous vacation. It was cool to see the weather and the water change as we headed out of NYC into the Bahamas. A cruise vacation is what you make out of it, and that is up to you!

A great vacation