3. Carnival Valor
We had a wonderful and relaxing 8 day cruise on the Valor and I am not that easy to impress after so many cruises in such a short period of time. The embarkation was speedy and orderly. Our cabin was of the high standard class that we expected from Carnival, no worn unsightly furniture etc., and the room steward was excellent in almost every way. We never get a cabin on the level below the kitchen as to avoid kitchen noise. This was the 1st time that we had gotten a balcony toward the rear of the ship and have experienced no real difference on any section of the ships. I personally have enjoyed the front of the ship more because the middle of the ship seems to draw more people who smoke on the balconies. The food was excellent , especially after you have been on Norwegian and tasted their blah desserts. The food in the fish -in -chips did not seem as good as on the Carnival Freedom nor were the portions as big. I guess it must be the ecomomy. Be that as it may be there are so many free food choices on this ship that none should complain and I bet none of the complainers lost any weight during the cruise. I thought the theater shows were especially good and we noticed that some of the same lead singers whom were on our last cruise on the Legend had been transfered to the Valor. One negative was a show with a comedian whom did't tell many jokes but only clowned around with the audience for 30 minutes , I could have done that. The bingo was great. That is the only form of gambling we partcipate in. Carnival delivered more relaxation and excitement than I was expecting and I think that is all they can do in customer service. The only negative aspect of our cruise was a charge to our debit card which was back dated and submitted to our account after it was closed. We will continue to sample other cruise lines but as for now Carnival is still number one for us.

Carnival still delivers

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Alabama traveler

Alabama traveler’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony
Cabin 8C 7393
Cabin number 7393 was excellent for dinner time because you entered the near by elevator and exited out on the lido deck right at the kitchen door. We found no fault at all with this cabin or it's location.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• City Tour
    Great ! I had not been to Nassau in 30 years. We got a great tour guide for half ship's rate that took us to Atlantis and all over the island. Watch for over priced independents who attempt to charge you the same price as the ship does and tour you in sub standard transportation. Don't pay before you see the ride or take the tour.
    View All 89 City Tour Reviews
  • San Juan
    This port I liked the most even though we did not take a tour but will the next time. Old San Juan is very hilly but very nice to see so get in walking shape before you go. You can ride the public free trolley , if you can find one with space. I think the old San Juan city tours are a waste of money unless you can't walk very well or are up in age. The most beautiful sight and experience during this cruise for me was our sail away from San Juan and around the old fort that evening of departure. The industrial lights of the island , forts and shore line were awesome at sun set sail away.
    View All 3,097 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • St. Maarten
    This was the island I was waiting for! We got a great independent tour from a company that I had read about before hand. Just look for the people in the bright orange shirts after you get off the ship and ask for the circle tour. This tour carrys you all aroud the island and to the famous air port where they have the schedule times for planes to land and take off. Our guide droped us off in town where we did some shopping and it was a easy scenic walk back to the ship. This is a very beautiful and busy island on the Dutch side with the typical scroungy atmosphere on the French side.
    View All 4,135 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Maarten Cruise Port Review
  • St. Thomas
    This was our 2nd time here in two years and the 3rd time in the Virgin Islands in 3 years but the scenery is always lovely. We did not take a tour but just went shopping in town. We were caught in rain and returned to the ship. Still this is a good stop and a beautiful place to visit.
    View All 4,106 St. Thomas Cruise Port Reviews