• Newsletter

2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2012
Cabin: Concierge Class 3

This was a back to back cruise for 28/01 and 04/02. I have only been on a couple of Princess cruises in the past but found the Celebrity experience just as enjoyable. We arrived in Miami on 27/01 and stayed in the Miami airport hotel for the night after the long flight from Manchester via Philadelphia. The hotel was just okay, I expected the lobby and bar area to be nice relaxing place but it was a bit run down, reminded me slightly of a bar in a shabby railway station. The room was comfortable though but overall I think if I cruised from Miami again I would stay pre-cruise outside the airport.

It was a nice warm day on the Saturday when we boarded and were very impressed with the ship when we had a look around. In fact throughout the two weeks the weather was very good. On the first sea day on the Sunday morning it was cloudy with a brief shower and a very brief shower in St Maarten but apart from that it was warm and sunny throughout. It was a bit breezy at time but it was no problem.

The ship was very impressive and all the fixtures and fittings were top class. There was artwork all over the ship which made very interesting viewing. I also liked the divers video that was shown on the video screens in the oceanview cafe, it was strangely captivating! Anybody who has been on the Eclipse will know the video I mean.

Concierge Class 3

Cabin C3

1192 - good location for us. Very quiet, near the back of the ship. A bit of a walk to the lifts but not a problem. Liked having the tv and seating area near to the door rather than the balcony. Some rooms are the other way round. The space is the same as the others, struggled slightly for hanging space as we were there for 2 weeks but we managed.

previous reviewnext review