What I liked most about the ship is the food, it's better than some of the other cruise lines I been on. But the Lido deck buffet closes early, by 3 PM lunch was closed and by 8:30 PM the dinner buffet was gone. We didn't have a chance to dine in the restaurants because by the time we tried to make reservations none are available unless we want to give up going into port. We had open seating, which was convenient, but dinner can take up to two and half hours and once dinners were served the wait staff disappeared. One night they forgot to bring cream and sugar with the coffee, after waiting 15 minutes I just gave up. The piano man Roger Carr was great, other than that there weren't much to do. We weren't looking for a party boat, but there weren't much entertainment. One night they even have the Pilipino staffs on the ship put on an ethnic stage show to entertained us (sure hope they got extra pay for it). Shopping onboard is this little area the size of my local conveniences store. The cabin is kind of small and when they say "obstructed views" they meant it. We have what I think is the machine that lower life boats right in front of our port hole. If I manage to twist my body like a pretzel a certain way I can look past the machine and see the ocean. One morning I open the curtain and there was a crewman looking back at me. I think we would've been better off with an inside cabin. At last be sure to check and keep all your receipts and statements. The morning of disembarkation I questioned a charge that was on my onboard statement and the purser reversed the charge and printed me a corrected the statement. However, when I received my credit card bill I was charged the original amount before the adjustment. I emailed Holland America and now they are saying the charge is for two bottles of water from the mini bar in our cabin that we never touched. Also, the ship was running a raffle for a free cruise and the tickets are $20 each. We brought two tickets but the winner was never announced and when we inquired about it, they weren't able to tell us the name or cabin of the winner.

30/70

Eurodam Cruise Review by tinrose56

• Sail Date: March 2012
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)

tinrose56’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)
Cabin HH 4104
Should not sell cabins with "obstructed views" unless at a deep discount.
Upper Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins