3. Carnival Freedom
We chose this cruise because it coincided with my children's school spring break. We live about an hour away from Port Everglades so we drove to the port. I booked parking online in advance with Park-n-go for a good low daily rate. We had no problems getting on a shuttle bus to the terminal at around 11am. Once in the terminal, we waited about an hour to board the Freedom. Our room was not ready when we boarded, but was ready around 3 pm. Be sure to bring a carry on bag with a bathing suit if you plan on swimming or sunning the first day. Our luggage did not arrive to our cabin until around 7 pm. This was the only real problem we had - was that our luggage arrived at our cabin after our dinner time of 6 pm so we could not have dressed for dinner that fist night. The Freedom was very nice and although it was full sold out voyage it never felt crowded. We dinned in the Posh restaurant four of the six nights, and the service and food were good. We ate breakfast every morning at the buffet and that was also good. We saw the Big Easy show one night and I thought it was well put together. My children ages 17, 15 and 8 really loved going to the kid clubs on the ship. I had a hard time trying to get them to break from the camp and spend time with me. The ports were fun and we had booked two excursions in advance with Carnival - Sting Ray City in the Caymans and River Tube Rafting in Jamaica. I recommend the River Rafting trip. This was a blast.These are my tips for this cruise: 1) Bring bottled water for your room. I brought a case of them in my carry on. 2) go to the Sushi Bar on deck 5 early in the trip, because there will be a line once people find out about it. 3) if you feel your room shower is too small, you can go to the spa and use those showers. They are nice and big. Overall this was a very nice ship and we had a wonderful time on our cruise.

Nice Cruise

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by Jiggers1

We saw the Big Easy show one night and I thought it was well put together.
1) Bring bottled water for your room. I brought a case of them in my carry on.
Overall this was a very nice ship and we had a wonderful time on our cruise.
Jiggers1’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+

Balcony
Cabin 8F 1110
Quiet cabin with a nice balcony -plus it's close to spa and gym.
Spa Deck Balcony Cabins