3. Carnival Magic
My DH and I were on the Transatlantic cruise of the Magic and booked this cruise while on the ship because our daughter wanted to sail on Magic. The Magic is a beautiful ship. It is larger than other ships and that takes some getting used to, but it is really smooth sailing. It is nice to have the Lanai deck to completely circle the ship and makes a nice place for a ocean view stroll. The activities are typical cruise style but are plentiful and can keep you busy if you try to do everything. The embarkation was delayed because of the fog, but Carnival kept everyone informed by text or after entering the port building by announcements. Stateroom was typical Carnival style except that we had an "extra" bathroom with another sink and tub/shower combination which made it really nice since we had another female in the cabin with us. The entertainment was plentiful. Especially the comedy clubs were delightful. I was a little disappointed in the "bands" because some of the music was not conducive to dancing. Did not care for the VIBE at all. Too loud and poor choice of music. The dining room meals were good. The buffet food was typical cruise fare, but at times could be very crowded with no available seats. The other food areas were good and if you timed it correctly you did not have to wait. Loved the serenity deck with the no children rule. Did the ropes course and water slide and they were fun. The ports were what we call the standard three, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel. We did not get off in Jamaica because we don't like it there anymore. The other two ports were fine. Especially love Cozumel, my favorite port in that area. We are platinum self assist so we were literally the first three off the ship so cannot comment on disembarkation. The only criticism that I have is the dining room. We had excellent servers. Very professional,hard working and polite. Except they were over worked. There seems to be a shortage of waiters on this ship. May be corrected by now. So at times, the wait time for bringing different courses, was longer than it should be. That being said, we are booked on Magic on May 20th as we are taking our son-in-law and daughter with us this cruise. Overall a very nice ship.

Magical Cruise