2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards

Get to know the best cruise ships in a variety of categories, based on member review ratings for cruises taken in the last year.

Best Cruises Overall

Silver Galapagos

1 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member lblangton

"Silversea is a class act! From the time we arrived in Quito to our departure from Guayaquil, everything was first class. They took care of all of the details with great attention and friendliness."

Member Review: lblangton

Find a Silver Galapagos Cruise
Silver Galapagos Cruise Reviews (24)

Viking Sky

2 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member jimchris1547

"Overall, I would have to say that our experiences were like something out of a storybook. It was a dream that I wish I didn't have to wake up from."

Member Review: Dfanyo

Viking Sun

3 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member chaunceyb

"This cruise exceeded our expectations. We've cruised a number of times before but have never experienced the quality provided by Viking. This cruise was without a doubt the best cruise we've ever taken. "

Member Review: Rft44

Paul Gauguin

4 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member Lrorogers

"Our experience on Paul Gauguin met, and actually exceeded, every expectation we had of our cruise…EVERYTHING was simply done exceptionally well. Every little detail was managed expertly by the cruise staff...and always with a smile. We would not change a thing about our Paul Gauguin experience, except perhaps to make the cruise longer!"

Member Review: Taplin

Viking Sea

5 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member Goodguys

"I'm SO glad I took the ocean cruise; I can't even rate it highly enough, I had the time of my life … I have to say this Viking cruise was the best trip I’ve ever had. "

Member Review: SuzannePerreault

Viking Star

6 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member sbroich

"We will not forget this adventure for a very long time. This trip will be hard for us to ever match again. Loved every moment."

Member Review: 27AMB

Wind Spirit

7 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member Setep

"The service was great, the yacht was amazing and the itinerary was perfect. All in all, we loved this cruise and are so glad we did it!"

Member Review: CLCruzer

Viking Orion

8 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member Travelswithmycamera

"In summation, we expected great - and got an 'over the top' experience. Viking deserves the accolades it receives from the various travel organizations."

Member Review: R McLeod

Crystal Symphony

9 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member jemfields

"The Crystal experience overall was absolutely wonderful from beginning to end."

Member Review: docprb

Celebrity Equinox

10 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member aklmt1

"Overall I give our experience 5 stars. I would highly recommend this ship to travelers looking for great service, great food and an aesthetically pleasing ship."

Member Review: rpramb075

L'Austral

11 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member skier69

"The L'Austral is a superb cruise ship and Ponant a first-class company. Food, service, cabin -- all top quality. Congratulations to Ponant, the ship's crew and the expedition team for making this one of the top adventures of my life."

Member Review: nholford

Pacific Princess

12 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member bigsuze

"I can't recommend this jewel of the Princess fleet enough. If you're fortunate enough to get a cruise on her, do it!"

Member Review: JillandJim

Seven Seas Voyager

13 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member Tarwood3

"From the moment we were greeted at embarkation, to the moment we left the ship, our experience was one of total enjoyment, comfort, respect and outstanding service."

Member Review: windjammerguy

Allure of the Seas

14 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member Hogfan09

"We have cruised several times but...this was hands down the best cruise ever!!"

Member Review: portugalo1

Celebrity Eclipse

15 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member baypeople1

"I can't say enough about this cruise line. Amazing! Amazing! Amazing!"

Member Review: Sandi1960

Seabourn Odyssey

16 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member null

"Bottom line, I highly recommend Seabourn Odyssey. The crew was excellent. The ship well maintained and clean. All as advertised!"

Member Review: GJcruise

Seven Seas Explorer

17 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member JRVP

"Everything about this cruise was amazing and exceeded our expectations in every way. We recommend this cruise ship to others and are already planning our next cruise with Regent Seven Seas Cruises!"

Member Review: Helen-Louise

Wind Surf

18 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member argentinizado

"Without any debate this was the best cruise-boat/crew we have ever been a part of … All in all, one of the best two weeks we have ever spent!"

Member Review: grada289

Harmony of the Seas

19 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member ransrider

"The only problem with Harmony is that our expectations are so high for our next cruise, I’m not sure if they can be exceeded."

Member Review: BJESS5

Celebrity Reflection

20 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member johhnnyt1

"In closing, we had a bucket full of bucket list moments… Cruising enables you to relax and be pampered like no other vacation experience, and cruising with Celebrity is a pure joy."

Member Review: FunInTheSun9

Riviera

21 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member BatmanWink

"I would recommend this cruise ship over and over again. I do not have one negative comment regarding the Oceania Riviera. This is the cruise liner to go with!"

Member Review: BatmanWink

Balmoral

22 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member GeoffA

"I honestly cannot recommend this cruise highly enough - for the money that we paid, it was truly amazing value, far above what we had expected - a 5 star experience."

Member Review: parkseygirl

Regal Princess

23 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member Gfun

"The Regal Princess is the most beautiful, well appointed ship we have ever been on [have been on 9 cruises]. Absolutely magnificent."

Member Review: princess*cruiser

Symphony of the Seas

24 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member little britain

"Our Symphony experience was really excellent, such a great vacation that I will remember forever."

Member Review: bolocheese

Celebrity Summit

25 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member GTfromCincy

"The service was excellent, the ship was in great service, and everyone from staff to fellow cruisers were all super friendly and nice. It really was the perfect vacation!"

Member Review: GrayMaineCruiser

Nieuw Amsterdam

26 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member lah0313

"Overall, I felt the ship is very elegant and one I am looking forward to sailing on again."

Member Review: jilly08

Coral Princess

27 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member Hamradiocruiser

"From embarkation to disembarkation the trip was spectacular. This is our second cruise on Princess and we will be back."

Member Review: Oopin52941

MSC Sinfonia

28 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member SmartRealtor

"It was the most magical experience I have ever had, with fantastic service and great entertainment. Overall we had a fantastic time on the MSC Sinfonia and would love to be back soon."

Member Review: kelly Van Niekerk

Oasis of the Seas

29 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member remy851

"I chose this cruise because I wanted to experience the large ship. I loved it!!! It did not disappoint me, I loved everything about Oasis, I feel like a Queen."

Member Review: cruiserCel

Grandeur of the Seas

30 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member Lady G

"I could not believe the dedication, promptness and overall satisfaction I received from this cruising experience … The cruise experience was 5 stars, A+ quality and I do look forward to booking my next cruise with Royal Caribbean."

Member Review: KhaosCruiser

Zuiderdam

31 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member Clolou

"We loved Holland, loved this ship, and loved the crew from the Captain to the waiter. Book this trip with confidence that you will love it."

Member Review: JLPrete

Queen Victoria

32 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member EMah

"We'd sail with Cunard again in a heartbeat. The service, the ship's facilities and the ports have changed the way we look at cruising. I'm hooked and can't wait to sail with Cunard again."

Member Review: Anniegrant143

Oosterdam

33 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member bigtee907

"As my husband said, this wasn’t a vacation – this was a TRIP! Thank you, Holland America, for the best trip of our lives!!!!"

Member Review: newtocruiseinblue

Marella Celebration

34 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member cruisergn

"The ship was wonderful.. The food was amazing.. The staff were lovely and very helpful."

Member Review: Vono12345

Marella Discovery

35 of 35 Best Cruises Overall

Photo by Cruise Critic member rbarton22

"Overall, having done several cruises over the years with various lines, I would put this particular one as the very best yet."

Member Review: Steve W B