2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards

Get to know the best cruise ships in a variety of categories, based on member review ratings for cruises taken in the last year.

Best Cruises for First Timers

Viking Sky

1 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers

Photo by Cruise Critic member F W E

"The hotel staff learned our names and used them since the first day ... We will return for another Viking cruise one day, for sure!"

Member Review: mariners_gurl1

Find a Viking Sky Cruise
Viking Sky Cruise Reviews (28)

Viking Star

2 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers

Photo by Cruise Critic member mkearney

"This was my first EVER cruise ... I don't know how any other cruise line could have done it better than Viking."

Member Review: shoxmix

Viking Sea

3 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers

Photo by Cruise Critic member taylorblues

"We chose this cruise because it would be a once in a lifetime experience ... This was an adventure we’ll never forget."

Member Review: Bojean1973

Celebrity Equinox

4 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers

Photo by Cruise Critic member nrfc05

"First time cruising, but absolutely not the last ... Everything went smoothly, from the booking to the debarkation."

Member Review: mikkelhansen

Carnival Dream

5 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers

Photo by Cruise Critic member Stiltwalker36

"We loved everything about the ship ... this was a great first cruise for my new husband and I."

Member Review: erically

Allure of the Seas

6 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers

Photo by Cruise Critic member Rengbrandt

"We were recommended to try cruising and the first cruise line mentioned to us was Royal Caribbean. ... The food, the shows, the activities, the staff; it was all a fantastic experience."

Member Review: JoshHensley

Marella Discovery 2

7 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers

Photo by Cruise Critic member stevemarr

"While searching for a first cruise for my husband and I, I stumbled on Marella Discovery 2 ... Everything lived up to our expectations."

Member Review: lisaanddan

Celebrity Reflection

8 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers

Photo by Cruise Critic member Lisa96631

"Fabulous ship ... I was so impressed with the cabins, pool areas, fitness area, buffet set-up, theaters, shops, specialty restaurants, promenade... "

Member Review: RWilbourn

Harmony of the Seas

9 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers

Photo by Cruise Critic member sblech

"Everything blew us away ... entertainment, food, and especially the attitude of the staff. You can tell that everyone onboard is excited to be here."

Member Review: rcfreak91

Oasis of the Seas

10 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers

Photo by Cruise Critic member tamalero

"We highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend Royal Caribbean to everyone!!! This was our first cruise and honeymoon cruise and it was just extraordinarily fantastic!"

Member Review: Gigglebox1108

View More Cruisers' Choice Awards

See More Cruise Critic Awards

Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards

View top-rated cruise destinations and lines around the globe according to cruisers, based on member review ratings for trips taken in the last year.

Editors' Picks Awards

See the lines and ships that best represent excellence in ocean, river and luxury cruising, chosen by Cruise Critic's international team of editors.