2019 Cruisers’ Choice Awards
Get to know the best cruise ships in a variety of categories, based on member review ratings for cruises taken in the last year.
Compare and book excursions for your next cruise

Best Cruises for First Timers

Viking Sky
1 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers
Photo by Cruise Critic member F W E
The hotel staff learned our names and used them since the first day ... We will return for another Viking cruise one day, for sure!
Viking Star
2 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers
Photo by Cruise Critic member mkearney
This was my first EVER cruise ... I don't know how any other cruise line could have done it better than Viking.
Viking Sea
3 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers
Photo by Cruise Critic member taylorblues
We chose this cruise because it would be a once in a lifetime experience ... This was an adventure we’ll never forget.
Celebrity Equinox
4 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers
Photo by Cruise Critic member nrfc05
First time cruising, but absolutely not the last ... Everything went smoothly, from the booking to the debarkation.
Carnival Dream
5 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers
Photo by Cruise Critic member Stiltwalker36
We loved everything about the ship ... this was a great first cruise for my new husband and I.
Allure of the Seas
6 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers
Photo by Cruise Critic member Rengbrandt
We were recommended to try cruising and the first cruise line mentioned to us was Royal Caribbean. ... The food, the shows, the activities, the staff; it was all a fantastic experience.
Marella Discovery 2
7 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers
Photo by Cruise Critic member stevemarr
While searching for a first cruise for my husband and I, I stumbled on Marella Discovery 2 ... Everything lived up to our expectations.
Celebrity Reflection
8 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers
Photo by Cruise Critic member Lisa96631
Fabulous ship ... I was so impressed with the cabins, pool areas, fitness area, buffet set-up, theaters, shops, specialty restaurants, promenade...
Harmony of the Seas
9 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers
Photo by Cruise Critic member sblech
Everything blew us away ... entertainment, food, and especially the attitude of the staff. You can tell that everyone onboard is excited to be here.
Oasis of the Seas
10 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers
Photo by Cruise Critic member tamalero
We highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend Royal Caribbean to everyone!!! This was our first cruise and honeymoon cruise and it was just extraordinarily fantastic!

View More Cruise Choice Awards