2018 Cruisers’ Choice Awards
Get to know the best cruise ships in a variety of categories, based on member review ratings for cruises taken in the last year.

Best Cruises for First Timers

Viking Sea
1 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers
Photo by Cruise Critic member rdshay
This was my first cruise. I chose it primarily because it stopped at cities I wanted to see, but the ship itself and the crew made it extra memorable.
Viking Sky
2 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers
Photo by Cruise Critic member LouMello1
This was the first cruise for me and my husband. We didn't know what to expect...our adventure was wonderful.
Viking Star
3 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers
Photo by Cruise Critic member sbroich
This was our first cruise, we chose Viking due to the high ratings we had read...We have been spoiled by Viking and hope to be back on board many times in the future!
Oasis of the Seas
4 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers
Photo by Cruise Critic member hbdresch
This was my first cruise and I couldn't be happier.
Carnival Fantasy
5 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers
Photo by Cruise Critic member Hillgirl1054
Everyone we interacted with was helpful, friendly, cheerful, and made our first cruise experience just that much better.
Disney Dream
6 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers
Photo by Cruise Critic member JNS594
This was our first cruise. From start to finish, it was absolutely amazing and out of this world.
Adventure of the Seas
7 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers
Photo by Cruise Critic member bmalcolms
I traveled with my girlfriend for both of our first cruises, so I have no comparisons. However, it was way beyond our expectations.
Harmony of the Seas
8 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers
Photo by Cruise Critic member sblech
The others in the group had been on at least one prior cruise, however, for my wife and I it was our first time; and what a wonderful experience it was!!!
Allure of the Seas
9 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers
Photo by Cruise Critic member jsalem38
This was our first cruise and we're so happy we chose Royal Caribbean's Allure. It was worth every penny and a great value for everything that is included.
Liberty of the Seas
10 of 10 Best Cruises for First Timers
Photo by Cruise Critic member lmgcruiser
Great first cruise experience. My wife and I wanted to cruise on a large ship and this one didn't disappoint.

View More Cruise Choice Awards