2017 Cruisers’ Choice Awards
Get to know the best cruise ships in a variety of categories, based on member review ratings for cruises taken in the last year.

Best Cruise Ships for Shore Excursions

Disney Dream
1 of 10 Best Cruise Ships for Shore Excursions
Photo by Cruise Critic member jllybn05
Port excursions were outstanding. From Dolphin excursions to Jetskiing in the Atlantic we ran out of time.
Carnival Freedom
2 of 10 Best Cruise Ships for Shore Excursions
Photo by Cruise Critic member kelay37
Shore Excursions: Best part of the cruise. We did Stingrays in Cozumel, snorkeling in Belize and beach time in Roatan.
Carnival Breeze
3 of 10 Best Cruise Ships for Shore Excursions
Photo by Cruise Critic member girlicat
We had an assigned tour guide with us the entire time who walked us through all the activities.
Adventure of the Seas
4 of 10 Best Cruise Ships for Shore Excursions
Photo by Cruise Critic member macmancape
I recommend the zip line tour to anyone who is still moderately fit and wants to try something a bit adventuresome! At age 66/68 my husband and I enjoyed it immensely.
Carnival Magic
5 of 10 Best Cruise Ships for Shore Excursions
Photo by Cruise Critic member Bauman147
Of all the Caribbean islands we have visited, Grand Turk is our favorite.
Carnival Fascination
6 of 10 Best Cruise Ships for Shore Excursions
Photo by Cruise Critic member Southernfried4
I would recommend each one of the shore excursions if you like to drink as each one came with either water, beer or unlimited rum punch…
Carnival Dream
7 of 10 Best Cruise Ships for Shore Excursions
Photo by Cruise Critic member Cruiser Gi
The people at the excursion desk were extremely knowledgeable and our 3 shore excursions were so organized booking through Carnival.
Carnival Triumph
8 of 10 Best Cruise Ships for Shore Excursions
Photo by Cruise Critic member bessielee
The excursion to the Sacred Caverns in Santa Rosa, Yucatan (Port was Progresso) was an unforgettable event.
Grand Princess
9 of 10 Best Cruise Ships for Shore Excursions
Photo by Cruise Critic member xrayjudy
My brother in law went halibut fishing in Ketchikan and had his prized catch prepared by the chef in the dining room for dinner that night.
Regal Princess
10 of 10 Best Cruise Ships for Shore Excursions
Photo by Cruise Critic member Gogoddess5
They do lots of research to find the best local people to take care of their guest. Go for the sunset sail, helmet dive, and be sure to snorkel!!

View More Cruise Choice Awards