Love nature and wildlife? Prefer small-ship cruising and active pursuits like hiking and kayaking? An expedition cruise will be perfect for you. Discover the best destinations for personal encounters with local people and animals, how expedition cruise ships differ from mainstream cruise ships and whether this type of cruising is a good fit for your travel interests.Read Reviews for Expedition Cruises
Expedition Cruising BasicsGet the low-down on off-the-grid voyages to the Galapagos, Alaska, Amazon River and more.
Best Cruises for Nature LoversLooking for wildlife and nature on your next cruise? Here are our favorite destinations and cruise lines.
6 Most Exotic CruisesTired of mainstream sailings? Dream big with these 6 most exotic cruises.
Santiago (Valparaiso) Santiago (Valparaiso) Santiago (Valparaiso) Santiago (Valparaiso) Punta Arenas Punta Arenas Chilean Fjords Tierra del Fuego Chilean Fjords Tierra del Fuego Cape Horn Chilean Fjords Isla de Los Estados Cape Horn Isla de Los Estados Ushuaia Isla de Los Estados Ushuaia Ushuaia Ushuaia
- 10 Best Cruise Destinations for Active Cruise Travelers
- 10 Exotic Destinations You Should Visit on an Expedition Cruise
- 11 Animals to Spot During an Antarctica Cruise
- 12 Pictures of Galapagos Cruise Wildlife
- 15 Things You Can Do on an Expedition Cruise That You Can't Do on a Big Ship
- 18 Best Alaska Shore Excursions
- 5 Cruises That Deliver Luxury Adventures
- 5 Thrilling Ways to Connect with Nature
- 6 Most Exotic Cruises
- 7 Secrets You Probably Don’t Know About Expedition Cruising
- 8 Reasons UnCruise Adventures Might Be Right for You
- Alaska Cruise Tour Tips
- Arctic Cruise Tips
- Behind the Scenes: What It Takes to Plan a Cruise Expedition
- Best Cruise Destinations for Nature-Lovers
- Best Luxury Cruises to Antarctica
- Best Scuba Diving Sites on South Pacific Cruises
- Best South Pacific Cruises for Nature-Lovers
- Can an Expedition Cruise Transform Your Life? You Bet.
- Can Expedition Cruises Enhance Your Photography Skills? You Bet.
- Celebrity Cruises vs. Celebrity's Xpedition Cruises
- Costa Rica and Panama Expedition Cruise Tips
- Cruise Critic Podcast: Cruise Trends With Carolyn Spencer Brown
- Cruise Line Tipping Policies: Expedition Lines
- Diving Deep: Expedition Cruises Reveal the World’s Most Exotic Destinations
- East Asia Cruise Tips
- Expedition Cruise Packing
- Expedition Cruise Tips
- Galapagos Islands Cruise Tips
- How Much Does an Antarctica Cruise Cost?
- Intrigued by the World's Most Exotic Destinations? Take an Expedition Cruise
- Is an Expedition Cruise in Alaska Right for You?
- It’s Crucial That Expedition Cruise Ships Respect the Environment. Here’s Why.
- Love Polar Expedition Cruises? There's An Even Bigger World Out There.
- Luxury Cruises to Alaska
- New Expedition and Adventure Cruise Ships on Order
- New Zealand Cruise Tips
- Photos from a Costa Rica Expedition Cruise
- Pictures From a Panama Canal Transit on Celebrity Infinity
- Pictures From a Small Ship Cruise to Belize
- Pictures From an Antarctica Cruise
- Pictures From an Exotic Cruise to Burma
- Pictures of Silversea's Silver Cloud
- Pros and Cons of Expedition Cruising
- Q & A: Are Flightseeing Shore Excursions Safe?
- Small Ships in Alaska: A Guide to Cruising Off the Beaten Path
- The 15 Best Small Cruise Ship Lines
- The Biggest Antarctic Challenge: Finding the Expedition Cruise Style That’s Right for You
- Tips for Choosing a One-Day Halong Bay Cruise
- Top 10 Wildlife Encounters on an Alaska Cruise
- Trends in Luxury Expedition Cruising
- Why G Adventures Is the Expedition or River Cruise Line for You
- Wild at Heart: The World's Best Places for Wildlife Sightings
- Windstar vs. Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic in Costa Rica
We sailed on the Celebrity Xpedition in May 2018 to the Galapagos, on the inner loop itinerary. As many others have said, the service, food, and crew were excellent. We were met at the Quito airport by Celebrity and basically were in there hands ... Read more
Penguin ManiawibagoffMy trip highlight was swimming side by side with a Penguin. The adrenalin was rushing as I found myself swimming competitively to keep up with a feeding penguin. It was a bonus to add a pre-trip to Mashpi with the Galapagos trip. It completed our ... Read more
Luxury in the GalapagosoldbluehookerWe wanted the "Silversea Experience" in an Expedition cruise to the Galapagos. Silversea did not disappoint...everything from enough zodiacs to accommodate all guests, with no "downtime" waiting for transportation, to the ... Read more
Galapagos with Machu Pichu extension2cruiseSueWe had gone on the Celebrity Xpedition for an inner loop trip a few years ago and we wanted to do the outer loop this time and then go on to Peru to visit Machu Pichu. On this trip, we went with 4 other couples. We flew into Quito, Ecuador from ... Read more
Celebrity runs a top notch operation in the Galapagos. From our arrival to departure we were well taken care of! The tour guides were informative on land and the naturalist offered their vast knowledge on the islands. The whole tour runs like a ... Read more
If you're looking at the Galapagos then you understand you are paying for access to one of the most remote and extraordinary places in the world. The Xpedition is NOT a high-end luxury cruise ship - it is an EXPEDITION class ship, so understand the ... Read more
Antarctic (Peninsula) Explorer: Discovering the 7th ContinentKen from MissouriI recently completed an Antarctic adventure by Quark Expeditions aboard the Ocean Endeavor. Our trip to Antarctica was unforgettable; it truly is the last slightly untouched, unspoiled, except for the effects of global warming, place in the world. ... Read more