1. Home
  2. Cruise Destinations
  3. Greece Cruises
  4. Greece Cruise Reviews

4 Crete (Heraklion) to Greece Cruise Reviews

We chose this cruise purely for the itiniary , 7 ports in 7 days and lots time in every port. Embarkation in Heraklion was quick and painless, no horrendous queues as we have experienced on previous cruises. We had a 4 berth inside cabin, ... Read More
We chose this cruise purely for the itiniary , 7 ports in 7 days and lots time in every port. Embarkation in Heraklion was quick and painless, no horrendous queues as we have experienced on previous cruises. We had a 4 berth inside cabin, which had plenty of space for us and our 2 children. We didn't do any excursions ,but found we could do the things we wanted to do and see by ourselves. As we were in port everyday,the pool areas were seldom busy, and never had any probs getting sunbeds. We took the all inc drinks package. We found it to be great value for money, and saved us a fortune . The buffet had plenty of choice and was pretty quiet in port. We sat with other English families at dinner and had lovely waiters. The food was good and there were so many courses, that if you didn't like something, you could just skip that course.The crew were all really friendly and worked so hard. Every night we watched the shows. They cater for all nationalities,so not exactly "Broadway" but entertaining. We had no complaints about the ship,staff or entertainment. We had a great time, met lots new friends and would definately book another Costa Cruise Read Less
Sail Date July 2014
We did the 7 Beaches cruises, around the Greek Islands, and a visit to Izmir in Turkey. Fabulous apart from a couple of hitches getting ashore due to windy weather - only to be expected. The Greek Islands never disappoint apart from Samos, ... Read More
We did the 7 Beaches cruises, around the Greek Islands, and a visit to Izmir in Turkey. Fabulous apart from a couple of hitches getting ashore due to windy weather - only to be expected. The Greek Islands never disappoint apart from Samos, there were roadworks going on so very dusty and hot. Wouldn't voluntarily go back as there isn't much to see unless you're on an excursion Classica crew not as slick with the luggage as other operators, being on the ship by 2pm, we didn't expect to wait over 5 hours for our luggage. We had to go into dinner wearing our travelling clothes which was uncomfortable. Crew were excellent, good service all round. We were on deck 7 which was an ideal position for all the public areas. Went to a couple of shows which were good. Dining options are varied. Breakfasted in the buffet, alfresco on the stern deck - the Trattoria - bit manic first thing but once seated not a problem. Dined every night in the dining room. Can't praise the waiting staff enough, they were excellent, it's the first cruise we've been on that we danced in the dining room with the staff!! Italian night. Plenty of choice and the menu changed every night, would have to be really picky to starve. One request - could 'HUSH' notices be put up in cabin corridors please. Some guests with their children were woefully unaware that some people do go to bed before midnight, especially if there's an early start the next day!!!! Children running up and down and adults having four way conversations is not good. Read Less
Sail Date July 2014
We embarked on the ship in Heraklion, having flown in from London. We travelled as a family of 3 (myself, my wife and my 10-year old daughter, who is in a wheelchair). The embarkation in Crete was what I would consider to be the worst part ... Read More
We embarked on the ship in Heraklion, having flown in from London. We travelled as a family of 3 (myself, my wife and my 10-year old daughter, who is in a wheelchair). The embarkation in Crete was what I would consider to be the worst part of the cruise. Heraklion is not really geared up to be a cruise port but more of a ferry terminal. The small embarkation building meant that some people were queuing outside in the heat for more than an hour before being able to enter the building. The whole process was very slow, a bit chaotic and quite uncomfortable. Once onboard the ship things improved considerably. We were able to go straight to our cabin and our luggage joined us almost immediately. The interior of the ship is beautifully decorated and, although 10 years old, did not give this impression. The cabin was quite small but was cosy and served our needs. The cabin steward kept the cabin immaculately clean and our only gripe (other than perhaps the size) was that the air conditioning was not very effective, meaning that the cabin (being an inside) was a bit warm for us at night, especially as there were 3 of us in the cabin. The beds were, however, comfortable. Despite the small size, we were able to pack the luggage in the wardrobes and had just enough space to park the wheelchair without folding (we had requested a wheelchair accessible cabin but were told these were all booked, despite the ship only being 60 to 65% full). We found the Costa staff to be very approachable, friendly and helpful throughout the cruise, especially in the restaurant. The only niggle we had was the cruise excursion desk telling us that because we had a wheelchair we couldn't go on our planned excursion in Santorini, and advising us not to go ashore on the tender boat. Our cabin steward informed us that we would be able to take the cable car to the summit as they cater for disabled. we took the plunge and went ashore and did not regret doing so. Read Less
Sail Date October 2013
If you are happy to be part of 10 per cent British people the other 90 per cent were Italian German, French and Russian, that's fine and you are happy to see entertainment in anything but English! The food was nothing great and the ... Read More
If you are happy to be part of 10 per cent British people the other 90 per cent were Italian German, French and Russian, that's fine and you are happy to see entertainment in anything but English! The food was nothing great and the so called Lamb Shank on the last night on a bed of Smash Potato was horrendous. Cabin Steward very very accommodating though. The Cabin was comfortable, but on the last day (changeover) toilets overflowing, no paper, no soap...pools netted off, just chaos, and to have to be out of your cabin and on the pier to check cases at 8AM.... disgusting never happed with P and O. And if On the last day on Changeover day you like getting out of the Cabin at 8AM, and can put up with overflowing toilets, no soap in the dispensers, no toilet rolls..... MMM. never again with Costa. Give me P and O every time. This is our sixth Cruise and the worst...... Read Less
Sail Date September 2013

Find a Cruise

Easily compare prices from multiple sites with one click