The cabin is on deck 7 midship starboard, a good location. It has a lot of elbow room and a lot of storage. In fact there were cabinets and drawers left over after we unpacked. The cabin has three rooms - a main room, a separated ... Read More
The cabin is on deck 7 midship starboard, a good location. It has a lot of elbow room and a lot of storage. In fact there were cabinets and drawers left over after we unpacked. The cabin has three rooms - a main room, a separated bedroom, and a bathroom off the bedroom. That separate bedroom was really nice for us. My wife gets up earlier than I do, so she would go out to the main room, and with the bedroom door shut she doesn't worry about disturbing my sleep.
We found a couple of downsides to the cabin though.
1) The balcony is wide but not very deep. I had to step over one lounge chair to get to the second one.
2) The light switch for the bathroom is not in the bathroom. It's on the bedroom side of the bathroom door. This meant that when I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, I could not turn on the bathroom light without disturbing my wife's sleep, so I ended up getting along with just the nightlight in the bathroom.
3) The bathroom did not have a clothesline.
Now for the stuff that went wrong that required maintenance work...
1) The floor-to-ceiling windows had venetian blinds. Two out of three of the blinds were off their tracks and hanging crooked - like the bottom left side was about 6 inches higher than the bottom right side of the blinds - and this was our first impression as we walked into the cabin for the first time. We asked our butler to get it fixed and it got fixed later that day. But it made me think - the butler and the cabin steward are in the cabin every day and they never bothered to say anything about it for who knows how long before we got there. It was a pretty bad first impression.
2) The blind that was not crooked - the first time my wife tried to raise it, it completely fell out of the top of the window sill. It did not hit my wife on the way down, fortunately. Some maintenance people came within about 10 minutes and fixed that.
3) Then there was the foamy stuff that bubbled up from the bathroom floor drain. It happened twice and they said they fixed it twice. Then on the third time that it happened, I was pretty unhappy when I talked to Guest Relations about it because it looked to me like Maintenance didn't have a clue how to fix it. They insisted that they could fix it for sure the third time. We went out on a shore excursion all day and when we came back they in fact fixed it by putting a one-way valve into the pipe below the drain. In the process the hotel Suite Manager was informed about the situation and he came to the cabin personally and apologized for the trouble and offered us a substantial credit that we could use for a future cruise on Celebrity. That did smooth my feathers. Read Less