London as a cruise destination -- both as a port of call and embarkation or debarkation port -- is on the rise. With ports including London Tilbury (where the River Thames meets the North Sea in Essex), London Greenwich and London Tower Bridge, a host of cruise lines are using the small size of their ships to their advantage -- to meander up the capital's iconic river.
From increasingly popular British Isles' circumnavigations to Iceland, Baltic Sea and longer itineraries that travel as far as South America, find out which lines and ships sail the River Thames.
Show Cruise Prices
- Exclusively for adults
- Full-board dining including full English breakfasts and five-course dinners
- 'New Additions' programme of complimentary activities and entertainment
- Spacious deck area with pools and whirlpools
- Scott's nightclub
The Magellan sails on numerous itineraries from London Tilbury, including Iceland & Northern Isles, Land of the Northern Lights, Springtime Canary Islands & Madeira, British Isles Discovery, Baltic Cities & St Petersburg, Amsterdam & Ghent and several Norwegian Fjordland cruises. It also offers seasonal and celebration cruises including Christmas Markets & Shopping, Christmas & New Year Canary Islands & Madeira, and an Overnight Celebration Cruise from London to Newcastle from £59
A longer duration cruise from London to the Amazon, West Indies and Azores is also available, departing 7 January, 2018, for a total of 42 nights.
- Throughout 2017 and 2018; from £199 (two-night Amsterdam Weekend Break)
- 7/1/2018; from £5,579 (42-night Amazon, West Indies and Azores)
- Serene Wintergarden conservatory lounge
- Huge Nordic-inspired spa
- Theatre and two cinema screens
- Two stunning pool areas with hot tubs
- Private veranda to every stateroom
Viking Star sails the 29-day Baltic Jewels & Into the Midnight Sun cruise, which also takes in Scandinavia and parts of the British Isles, ending with an overnight stay in London Greenwich. Passengers have the option of adding a two-night London extension. There is also the option to sail part of this itinerary on the 15-day Into the Midnight Sun cruise.
- 9/6/2018, from £9,880 for the full 29-day sailing
- This itinerary will also be offered by Viking Star's sister ships, Viking Sky and Viking Sea in 2017/18.
- 'AzAmazing Evenings' events
- Most drinks and gratuities included
- 'Destination Immersion' which means longer port stops for evening exploration
- Recently revamped staterooms and suites (including new Spa Suites)
- Special attention to offering accessible cruising
Azamara Journey sails the 10-night Normandy & Amsterdam Voyage, which ends with an overnight in London (docked at Tower Bridge). Embarking from Lisbon on 7/6/18 it stops at Porto (Leixoes), St Peter Port in Guernsey, the D-Day Landing beaches and pretty Honfleur in France, Oostende in Belgium (another important WWII site), Amsterdam and finally London.
Other cruises available include Cities of Northern Europe and the Wine & Romance Voyage -- both 11 nights and including stops at Tower Bridge, London. Journey is also sailing a special 12-night Baltic & World Cup Voyage, which sails from London Tower Bridge on 17/6/18 and heads to St Petersburg in time for the World Cup match, with stops in Antwerp, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Tallinn, Helsinki and Stockholm.
- 7/6/18 – 21/9/18, from £2,271 (Normandy & Amsterdam Voyage)
- Well-designed expedition ship
- Variety of expert-led tours and hikes
- Small enough to get close to hard to reach sights
- Fitness room, spa and sauna
- Panoramic windows make the most of the views
The NG Orion sails the eight-day Exploring the Coasts of England and Wales itinerary, which mixes explorations of the best natural and historical treasures on our doorstep. The cruise starts on the Thames, cruising past the iconic Tower Bridge, before taking in naval history in Portsmouth. Then it's on to the Channel Islands to explore Alderney and Sark, before stopping at Dartmouth, England. The second half of the cruise explores the Isles of Scilly and Wales, before ending in Dublin.
- 2/9/17 – 9/9/17, from $7,990
- All-suite ship
- Butler service to every suite
- The Grill restaurant, which serves meals on hot volcanic rock
- In-suite dining, mini-bar & 24-hour room service included
- Partnership with Grand Chefs Relais & Chateaux means exceptional food and wine onboard
Following a series of popular itineraries out of London Tower Bridge in 2017, Silver Wind will be back in 2018 with more cruises embarking and disembarking in this iconic port. Passengers can sail from London Tower Bridge to Reykjavik (Iceland), Lisbon (Portugal) and vice versa, and return to London Tower Bridge on a Norwegian Fjords itinerary. London to Stockholm, via the Baltic Sea, and Copenhagen to London itineraries are also available.
- 10/6/2018; from £5,040 (13-day Lisbon to London)
- 23/6/2018; from £5,850 (12-day London to Reykjavik)
- 5/7/2018; from £6,030 (12-day Reykjavik to London)
- 17/7/2018; from £8,460 (15-day London return, to the Norwegian Fjords)
- 15/8/2018; from £6,840 (14-day London to Stockholm Baltic Sea itinerary)
- 8/9/2018; from £4,050 (10-day Copenhagen to London)
- Butler service to all suites
- Verandas to all suites except Vista Suites (with picture windows)
- Pool deck with whirlpools and sunloungers
- Connoisseur's Corner for Cognac and cigars
- Panorama Lounge with pianist and beautiful views
In 2018 Silver Cloud Expedition will offer a series of itineraries in and out of London Tower Bridge, starting with the 12-day Lisbon to London sailing departing on 27/4/2017. A series of British Isles' voyages will follow, before the ship makes its way from Tower Bridge to the Arctic Circle on 12/6/2017, with calls in the Norwegian Fjords.
- 27/4/18 to 12/6/18; from £4,500
- Two pool areas
- Good leisure facilities including golf nets, tennis court and exercise pools
- Observatory Lounge with binoculars and evening pianist
- Onboard pub
- Entertainment programme with shows, comedians and cabarets
In November 2018 Black Watch departs from London Tilbury on the 18-night Sun, Souks and Siestas cruise, with calls in the Canaries, Madeira and Morocco. Black Watch also has the six-night Christmas Markets & Rivers of Germany itinerary, also departing from London Tilbury, calling at markets in Hamburg and Bremen.
- 13/11/17, from £1,849 (Sun, Souks and Siestas)
- 7/12/17, from £599 (Christmas Markets & Rivers of Germany)