Carnival Magic Pictures: Restaurant, Pub, Pools
1 of 12
- Carnival Magic's top deck will feature a number of new-to-Carnival attractions. The ship's aft-situated "SportSquare" neighborhood will have the first ropes course at sea, the first outdoor weightlifting area on a cruise ship and Carnival's first two-level miniature golf course.
- The Sports Court will be a multipurpose game space for basketball, volleyball and soccer. The area will also feature a six-station Vita exercise course and ping pong and foosball tables.
- Other top-deck features will include a resort-style pool and the WaterWorks aqua park, which is comprised of a pair of waterslides (one that looks strikingly similar to Norwegian Epic's "Epic Plunge" bowl slide), a 500-gallon "dump bucket" (the first dump bucket at sea) and a splash park.
- Here's a rendering of Carnival Magic's outdoor pool with Seaside Theater. The Seaside Theater is the ship's big-screen display that'll show movies, concerts and sporting events.
- Carnival Magic's Cucina del Capitano Italian restaurant will pay homage to Carnival's Italian-ness. (All of the line's captains are of Italian descent and Carnival Magic is being built in Italy at Fincantieri's shipyard in Monfalcone.) The restaurant will offer hand-made pastas, risotto and fresh-from-the-oven Italian specialties, all complemented by a wine list emphasizing Italian vintages. The line says the decor will be evocative of a "cozy Italian home" -- framed archival photographs, wood-beam ceilings and wrought ironwork. There will be an additional surcharge to eat here for dinner. During the day, the space will be a casual made-to-order pasta bar with items offered on a complimentary basis.
- A second shot of Cucina del Capitano
- Carnival describes the decor of the RedFrog Pub as British West Indies meets Key West. The indoor/outdoor Caribbean-style venue will feature a menu of island favorites like Bahamian conch salad, grouper fingers and firecracker Jamaican chicken wings (charged on a per-item basis). The drinks list will include the customary frozen cocktails, along with plenty of rums and regional beers -- including the ship's own custom brew, ThirstyFrog Red, a private-label draught beer created especially for Carnival Magic.
- The RedFrog Pub will also feature a couple of traditional bar games, including foosball and shuffleboard.
- Upper Magical Way, Carnival Magic's "promenade" features the RedFrog Pub, a sushi counter and more.
- The atrium on Carnival Magic
- The Southern Lights Dining Room, one of the main restaurants on Carnival Magic
Learn More About Carnival Magic:
Carnival to Send Brand-New Cruise Ship to Texas
Carnival Cruise Lines is Returning to Europe
Talk Magic in the Carnival Forum
Carnival Cruise Deals
FREE Cruise News and Deals E-letters