Oasis of the Seas Cocktail/Pajama Party Giveaway: Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. The Oasis of the Seas Cocktail/Pajama Party Giveaway (ï¿½Promotionï¿½) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are twenty-one (21) or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsors (defined below) and each of their respective related companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsors. The Independent Traveler, Inc., 7 Tree Farm Road, Suite 202, Pennington, NJ 08534, and AAA Travel Services; 1000 AAA Drive, M/S 100; Heathrow, FL 32746.
3. Agreement to Official Rules. Participation in the Promotion constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein in a timely manner.
4. Entry Period. The Promotion begins on August 26, 2008, at 6 p.m. Eastern Time (ï¿½ETï¿½) and ends on August 26, 2008, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the ï¿½Entry Periodï¿½). Entries received prior to or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
5. Entry. Every half hour on the half hour during the entry period, a trivia question will be posted on boards.cruisecritic.com on the specially designated party forum. Questions will be posted at 6 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7 p.m., 7:30 p.m., 8 p.m., 8:30 p.m., 9 p.m., 9:30 p.m., 10 p.m., 10:30 p.m., 11 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. Eastern Time (ï¿½ETï¿½). Readers will be given an e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to which to send their answer.
6. Selection of Potential Winner. For each of 12 trivia questions, the first reader to e-mail in the correct answer will eligible to receive a prize package. Winners' names will be posted on the specially designated party forum before midnight on August 26, 2008.
7. Requirements of Potential Winner. Winner must claim prize package within ten (10) days of being notified by e-mail. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsors to use winnerï¿½s name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), and biographical information for advertising and publicity purposes, worldwide, without further compensation.
8. Prize Packages: Each winner will receive a prize package containing but not limited to Cruise Critic and AAA logo items such as luggage tags, key rings, koozies, magnets, pens, beach safes and ball caps. Actual contents of each prize package may vary; approximate value of each prize package is $25. Five (5) of the twelve (12) prize pack winners will also be selected at random to receive a AAA gift card valued from $100 to $150. Gift cards are valid at participating hotels only.
9. General Conditions. In the event that the operation, security or administration of the Promotion is impaired in any way for any reason, Sponsors may, in their sole discretion, suspend, modify and/or cancel the Promotion. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsorsï¿½ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The ï¿½authorized account holderï¿½ is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, entrantï¿½s sole remedy shall be another entry into the Promotion. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
10. Release and Limitation of Liability. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, their respective parent and related companies, and each such companyï¿½s respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the ï¿½Released Partiesï¿½) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (b) technical or printing errors; (c) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or undeliverable mail or email; (d) errors in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Partiesï¿½ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Promotion, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneysï¿½ fees.
11. Disputes. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of New York. All issues and questions concerning these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or Sponsorsï¿½ rights and obligations shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
12. Winners List. For the results, visit cruisecritic.com/oasis20080826/. The list of winners will be available at this URL until August 26, 2009.