October 2, 2013
This is the second find at the site. Last week bones were recovered, but authorities have not yet said if tests have concluded if the bones are human.
Civil Protection Chief Franco Gabrielli told ANSA both sets of remains are undergoing DNA testing.
"Beyond jumping to easy conclusions, we must wait for the results which will or will not give confirmation of the missing," he said during a Civil Protection event in the Tuscan coastal town of Massa.
Two people -- Italian passenger Maria Grazia Tricarichi and Indian crewmember Russel Rebello -- have so far been unaccounted for since the ship ran aground on January 13 last year. Thirty other passengers were also killed in the disaster.
--by Dori Saltzman, News Editor