Home > Cruise News Archive > Princess Cruises New-Build to Have $3,000 Spa Packages, "Homeland" and Lots of Wine
| Date Published: March 12, 2013 |
More current news for Princess Cruises:|
Princess Cruises Celebrates 50th Anniversary with Celebrations, Freebies
Typhoons Continue to Hamper Princess Cruise Ship
Princess Cruises Intros Onboard Messaging App
Princess Cruises Profile and Reviews
Latest Cruise News Headlines
|Princess Cruises New-Build to Have $3,000 Spa Packages, "Homeland" and Lots of Wine|
(3:15 p.m. EST) -- The 3,600-passenger Royal Princess will have a flair bartending show, a tea sommelier and the most expensive spa package at sea, the line revealed Tuesday during a news conference in Miami.
Princess unveiled "20 things you don't know about Royal Princess" as part of its media segment at Cruise Shipping Miami, the annual massive cruise convention. Princess' newest ship, which will debut in June, will also have free, on-demand in-cabin programming (including TV shows such as Showtime's "Homeland" and new movies), the largest homemade gelato selection at sea, and water and music entertainment.
Among the other highlights:
An art/architecture mobile tour that allows passengers to tour the ship with their smartphones or mobile devices and learn more about the art, artists or architecture. (This is well-trodden territory: Celebrity and Princess have offered the option for several years now.)
- Whiskey Flights at the Brit-style Wheelhouse Bar that will give passengers a sampling various whiskeys (at an extra fee).
- An expanded Daily Pub lunch at the Wheelhouse Bar; passengers will get a full Daily Pub lunch option on sea days and a partial menu on port days. The popular (and fee-free) lunch, which offers dishes like fish 'n' chips and ploughmans platter, has long been offered during sea days on other Princess ships.
- Mobile access to the ship's intranet, allowing passengers to check things like weather, port news, entertainment options and folio spending.
- The Royal Indulgence Package, featuring high-end cabanas in The Sanctuary and wrapping in gourmet food, massages and beverages -- for $3,000 for four people.
- The largest collection of Super Tuscan wines at sea and the largest free pizza restaurant at sea. Sabatini's, the line's signature Italian venue, will offer more than 20 choices for Super Tuscan wines, while Alfredo's Pizzeria will seat as many as 121 passengers for a menu that includes pizza, calzones, flatbread and baked pasta.
Princess representatives said the same features -- with some minor tweaks -- will be available on Royal's sister, Regal Princess, which will launch spring 2014.
--by Colleen McDaniel, Managing Editor
| Cruise News Headlines
More Princess Cruises News
Princess Cruises Reviews
Princess Cruises Deals