CSA, one of the industry’s major travel insurance providers, is vastly limiting reimbursement due to airline delays. According to a company announcement, “Once an event is announced, it is no longer unforeseen. Any policy that was purchased on or after the date of the announcement has the potential of no coverage for that specific event.”
That gibberish means that CSA considers press releases announcing airline labor contract disputes to be an “event.” So, for instance, CSA policy-holders who are flying Delta -- currently in the midst of a labor conflict -- and whose flight delays cause them to miss their boat may not be entitled to reimbursement for additional expenses incurred.
The potential spreads beyond Delta. CSA considers the following to be “events”:
* On November 4, 2000, there was a news release in regards to the dispute between United Airlines and their flight attendants.
* On November 11, 2000, there was a news release in regards to the dispute between Delta Airlines and their pilots.
* On November 16, 2000, there was a news release in regards to the dispute between United Airlines and their mechanics.
* On December 1, 2000, there was an updated news release in regards to the labor dispute between the pilots union and Delta airlines
* On January 19, 2001, there was an updated news release in regards to the dispute between the flight attendants of both American Airlines and United Airlines over their current contract negotiations.
* On February 7, 2001, the news release addressed all the above mentioned labor disputes in addition to Northwest Airlines' dispute with their mechanics.
For more info, check their Web site(www.csatravelprotection.com). Or keep it simple and opt for another travel insurer.
- Find A Cruise
- Cruises to
- All Destinations
- Alaska Cruises
- Australia & New Zealand
- Bahamas Cruises
- Canada & New England
- Caribbean Cruises
- Caribbean - Eastern
- Caribbean - Southern
- Caribbean - Western
- Europe Cruises
- Europe - Baltic Sea
- Europe - British Isles & Western
- Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
- Europe - Western Mediterranean
- Mexican Riviera
- Panama Canal
- How to Cruise
CSA Limits Reimbursement
February 12, 2001